pfSense Not Giving LAN Internet Access

Go to solution Solved by AndrewReaganM,

Are the pfSense DNS settings correct, are your machines getting ip addresses, can you ping anyone else on the lan ?

I figured it out... I had to set the default gateway to my PPPoE connection! xD Thanks!

Hai all. My LAN Is not receiving any Internet access, but my pfSense box is (presumably). I can ping any website from the pfSense Box, but not from a PC on my LAN. I have my Actiontec GT701D DSL Modem in Transparent Bridging Mode. When my Modem is doing the normal routing functions, it connects to my ISP (TDS Telecom) with DHCP. So I figured I would try and use DHCP on my pfSense box to connect to the modem in transparent bridging mode. (Didn't work at all) So I just used PPPoE and my login I use to pay the bill on their website (I don't have any other logins from them) And it seems to work (link is up, I have a WAN ip, subnet mask of 255.255.255.255, a gateway IP that looks legit, DNS servers, and I can see the packet count where I pinged linustechtips.com and google.com). The issue is I can't access the Internet from the LAN. If I ping a website using the website's IP or web address (from a PC on the LAN), I have no reply (except the pfSense host saying its unreachable.) I haven't done anything with gateways in pfSense because every forum thread on google about gateways seems to be about multiple WAN's. Thanks!

Please help, Andrew.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Are the pfSense DNS settings correct, are your machines getting ip addresses, can you ping anyone else on the lan ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

I figured it out... I had to set the default gateway to my PPPoE connection! xD Thanks!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB