I think my cpu is broken?

NewbixCube

Well I think I updated the BIOS. It said Flashing and got to 96% then the computer rebooted itself. My dxdiag says my BIOS is Default System BIOS in comparison to giving a date as well.

Well is there anything else or should I just continue on as usual and see if another BSOD shows up? 

Did you ever analyze the MEMORY .dmp @ Jlryan?

Yeah it will have updated. I know it's nerve-racking the first time doing a BIOS update, but trust me it's so much safer now than what it used to be 5+ years ago. Before UEFI people were bricking boards left right and centre.

Now I'm being optimistic, but lets hope that stopped the issues you were having... Make sure Windows has all the updates installed, Nvidia drivers are at the latest 353.62 and any other drivers are fully installed.

I would download the drivers from the MSI website, they have a Windows 10 option in the drivers section so just download and I should have checked there first but looks like they have a Windows 10 version for the Intel INF and Management Engine, which confuses me as Intel don't even advertise them yet...

Anyway just make sure everything is up to date.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Yeah it will have updated. I know it's nerve-racking the first time doing a BIOS update, but trust me it's so much safer now than what it used to be 5+ years ago. Before UEFI people were bricking boards left right and centre.

Now I'm being optimistic, but lets hope that stopped the issues you were having... Make sure Windows has all the updates installed, Nvidia drivers are at the latest 353.62 and any other drivers are fully installed.

I would download the drivers from the MSI website, they have a Windows 10 option in the drivers section so just download and I should have checked there first but looks like they have a Windows 10 version for the Intel INF and Management Engine, which confuses me as Intel don't even advertise them yet...

Anyway just make sure everything is up to date.

Any specific drivers from the MSI site you would suggestion?

Also I appreciate the help a ton.

I did have a look at the .DMP file, nothing in particular stood out to me other than it was the SVCHost process caused ntoskrnl.exe to crash, which doesn't say much either. That's why I took the route to a BIOS update, since there has clearly been a lot of changes since the last BIOS version you had on, mainly compatibility.

The Drivers I would suggest:

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

Intel VGA Driver (if you have the Intel HD4000 enabled in BIOS, if not then skip it)

Realtek HDA Driver

Killer Network Driver

Intel Management Engine and Intel Chipset Driver (since they're reporting Windows 10 compatibility)

That's it really for them. I'm going to assume the GTX 780 is running on 353.62 as Windows wouldn't give up trying to install those drivers for mine, even though I manually installed them anyways lol.

And no worries, I like challenges :P Admittedly it's a lot harder to help with this stuff over the WAN but here I've got a ton of components spare that I could have just swapped and tested, I usually have these things diagnosed and repaired within a couple of hours.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

BSOD again! This time I had just got on the computer after letting it idle for about 2 hours. I got on the computer for maybe 5 minutes. It has something to do with Netio.sys. Posting updated dmps and such now.

Updated BlueScreenView, Minidmps, Resource/Performance: https://mega.co.nz/#!ch0kTQgR!2tEgJuuCTShK7s1q0horSjEAsqDP3RKczmsSS4csYgs

Event Viewer Warning : The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic&Prod_Flash_Disk&Rev_8.00#D1925741&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.

Do you have a smart card reader or just a card reader that plugs into the USB (external port or internal port)?

Photography

Do you have a smart card reader or just a card reader that plugs into the USB (external port or internal port)?

I had the usb plugged in that has the bios update, but otherwise. I don't know.

The guy earlier, Cata said something about Nvidia Network Services causing Netio.sys issues.

You don't have any Nvidia Network hardware though, but the last dump is pointing towards not being able load the driver for a USB Device, the first result showed a card reader but yours is just showing that Flash Drive it seems.

Netio.sys relates to everything to do with Networking, not just Nvidia. I'll look more into that again and see what I can pull up.

Photography

You don't have any Nvidia Network hardware though, but the last dump is pointing towards not being able load the driver for a USB Device, the first result showed a card reader but yours is just showing that Flash Drive it seems.

Netio.sys relates to everything to do with Networking, not just Nvidia. I'll look more into that again and see what I can pull up.

Alright. I do have the Nvidia software though, 

Actually it's not a software anymore it's just a dll.

gJrIjN9.png

Wait why does it say last modified 07/23? I just downloaded everything today.

Edit: I have the USB unplugged now.

Yeah Nvidia uses that for GeForce Experience, think it's for the Shield Streaming service.

As a precaution you can uninstall GeForce Experience unless you use it?

I have it running on mine too btw, and I have an Intel NIC.

Photography

Yeah Nvidia uses that for GeForce Experience, think it's for the Shield Streaming service.

As a precaution you can uninstall GeForce Experience unless you use it?

I have it running on mine too btw, and I have an Intel NIC.

I can uninstall GeForce and just install a driver. I'll do that.

Any other ideas though?

Do you have an app in the "startup" tab in task manager named "KillerNetManager"? If so disable that too. Seems to be a common problem with BSOD's with the Killer Lan.

You can disable it in MSConfig under the services tab too, if you have it, it'll be named under "Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service".

Photography

Do you have an app in the "startup" tab in task manager named "KillerNetManager"? If so disable that too. Seems to be a common problem with BSOD's with the Killer Lan.

You can disable it in MSConfig under the services tab too, if you have it, it'll be named under "Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service".

I've disabled Killer Network Manager.

I just BSOD'd trying to download the nvidia drivers. I have GeForce Experience uninstalled now.

Updated BSV + Dmps: https://mega.co.nz/#!lt9yCSSZ!gLHgQ6djspjOmMwL-eWTnLMv4qXVUTUwbEuXSt72myY

Okay that one was the Nvidia driver crashing.

Photography

Okay that one was the Nvidia driver crashing.

Anything I should do with that? Or do you think it's from uninstalling GeForce Experience.

Probably from uninstalling that, I would re-install the drivers though and checking the "clean install" option, just uncheck GeForce Experience and everything else that you don't need, keep it bare minimum.

Photography

Probably from uninstalling that, I would re-install the drivers though and checking the "clean install" option, just uncheck GeForce Experience and everything else that you don't need, keep it bare minimum.

It actually doesn't seem the drivers got uninstalled. Everything is working as it was when I had GeForce Experience, but I'll go to their driver site and try downloading one.

Alright so Killer Management is disabled from start up and GeForce Experience is uninstalled.

Edit: I downloaded the latest drivers and this is what is all downloaded now, 

3YTvs3t.png

Alright... Fingers crossed! lol.

Just keep using the system as normal.

Photography

Alright... Fingers crossed! lol.

Just keep using the system as normal.

From the picture I posted should I leave it like that or?

GeForce experience is still installed? Thought you took it off :P

Photography

GeForce experience is still installed? Thought you took it off :P

I did but reinstalling the drivers installed it again for some reason.

Can I just uninstall the GeForce Experience part and it'll be alright?

Yeah it should be completely separate from the display drivers.

Photography