nec pa241w

dell up2414q

dell u2711

hp lp2480zx

eizo cg246

dell u3014

eizo cx271

nec pa301w

They are all IPS panel monitors that reproduce sharp colors. Some of them are good for gaming as well. Culled from this superb monitor resource. And this page of the top photo editing monitors

Op is no longer a user here

Ah well I'd missed that logo... personally doesn't bother me. I thought you were saying it looks like the Z35 though, which is FAR FAR worse in my opinion. There's nowhere near as much red on the X34, just a little bit on the back that I can see, and that bit on the logo. I can't quite tell what's going on with the red in that logo though... it's subtle, like it's coming from behind, or a highlight or something. Could be lighting, as it seems there might be red lights underneath? Hopefully that can be turned off.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

p.s. sorry @ for cluttering your thread

I do not care at all :D

The first post is the one that matters for the title 

@o0Martin  do you think the 42" Wasabi Mango freesync panel should be on this list? i cant decice, because its not freesync by default, you need to update the firmware yourself.

@o0Martin  do you think the 42" Wasabi Mango freesync panel should be on this list? i cant decice, because its not freesync by default, you need to update the firmware yourself.

I guess it is technically an IPS freesync monitor so yeah? Everyone who would be looking to buy it should be able to upgrade the firmware anyway aha, doubt anyone who couldn't would consider buying it or even know of its existence :P

Plus having freesync, HDMI 2.0 and a 4K 42" IPS panel all for under $800 is pretty sweet. Although I don't know what the lower end freesync range is though, I assume it works up to the full 60Hz though.

Maybe add it with a little note on the side or an asterix to warn people it isn't freesync out of the box?

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I guess it is technically an IPS freesync monitor so yeah? Everyone who would be looking to buy it should be able to upgrade the firmware anyway aha, doubt anyone who couldn't would consider buying it or even know of its existence :P

Plus having freesync, HDMI 2.0 and a 4K 42" IPS panel all for under $800 is pretty sweet. Although I don't know what the lower end freesync range is though, I assume it works up to the full 60Hz though.

Maybe add it with a little note on the side or an asterix to warn people it isn't freesync out of the box?

Its 42-60 freesync range. Which is still infinitely better than the 60-60 range most other monitors have ^^

ah...i really was hoping to avoid asterisks D:   ... ill sleep on it

Its 42-60 freesync range. Which is still infinitely better than the 60-60 range most other monitors have ^^

That isn't too bad I guess, for the price.

There are some other Korean monitors that also have a firmware update to enable freesync support, not sure if you'd want to add them too?

Maybe even another section for them or something, it's the 55" version of the 42" Wasabi Mango one, and a couple cross over ones can't remember the sizes though, but pretty sure they were above 40"s, maybe 43" and 47" they are like exactly the same as the WM ones but from Crossover, pretty sure they have HDMI 2.0 too, and they are AH-IPS and 4K

Edit: The 55" is the Wasabi Mango UHD550, and the Crossover ones are 43" and 49", the Crossover 434K ($810) & the Crossover 494K ($975)

http://www.amazon.com/Crossover-Computer-Monitor-3840x2160-AH-IPS/dp/B0126FJZ0C/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PQ7RW42AMPSRFE9ECPE

http://www.amazon.com/Crossover-Computer-Monitor-3840x2160-AH-IPS/dp/B0126BROY0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SVEKM6QW4H5Y767GB1S

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

There are also a couple Samsung monitors you could add, the S24E370DL and the S27E370DS, they were announced a couple days back, seem interesting, not only are they PLS(IPS) and freesync, but they also have a wireless mobile charging dock built into the stand, they are just 1080p @ 60Hz though.

600$ LG 27mu67 - 27 inch, IPS, 3840x2160, 60hz, freesync

800$ Asus pg27aq - 27inch, IPS, 3840x2160, 60hz, gsync

800$ Acer xb271hk - 27inch, IPS, 3840x2160, 60hz, gsync

when is the released date for this ?

will  42" Wasabi Mango  have a free G-sync upgrade too ? 

and does anyone worried about the wasabi mango input lag compared to asus pg27AQ

600$ LG 27mu67 - 27 inch, IPS, 3840x2160, 60hz, freesync
800$ Asus pg27aq - 27inch, IPS, 3840x2160, 60hz, gsync
800$ Acer xb271hk - 27inch, IPS, 3840x2160, 60hz, gsync

when is the released date for this ?

There is no set release date for any of them yet, I would expect before the end of the year, but not within the next month. 

will  42" Wasabi Mango  have a free G-sync upgrade too ? 

and does anyone worried about the wasabi mango input lag compared to asus pg27AQ

The Wasabi Mango 100% wont get a g sync firmware upgrade, because g sync requires additional hardware to be added, and worried how? I have't seen any reports/specs on it having a particularly high input lag? So no, not worried 

Sharing this to those who are interested in wasabi mango uhd420 / uhd550. http://www.overclock...at-tests-to-run

it seems that this wasabi mango monitor have 20 milliseconds slower than an Asus PB287Q

is that really bad for gaming ? and if im not wrong asus pb287q have about 10 ms input lag

so wasabi mango will have about 30 ms input lag. isnt that bad for a gaming monitor ? compared to asus pg27AQ thats releasing soon

Btw theres a new monitor released very recently. could be better than wasabi mango 

Crossover 434K | 494K - 10Bit IPS 4K UHD DP 60Hz

i think the 434k is newer and have better specs than 494k

Sharing this to those who are interested in wasabi mango uhd420 / uhd550. http://www.overclock...at-tests-to-run

it seems that this wasabi mango monitor have 20 milliseconds slower than an Asus PB287Q

is that really bad for gaming ? and if im not wrong asus pb287q have about 10 ms input lag

so wasabi mango will have about 30 ms input lag. isnt that bad for a gaming monitor ? compared to asus pg27AQ thats releasing soon

Lol that thread is rubbish, the guy writing it doesn't even know the difference between input lag and refresh rate, they are not the same thing, and the thing he is quoting is the refresh rate, which he later says 'seems' close to 15ms, which is an obvious guess and not measured, but even if it were 15ms g2g at the slowest point it would be more than okay (And again isn't the same as input lag).

snip

Thank you for your help! much appreciated!

Updated with the samsung monitors.

And will also keep adding the ones which need firmware upgrades from the user to work. Only added the uhd420 right now. Will wait for some proof to surface about the other ones doing freesync, before i add them to this list. Right now all i can find are assumptions based on firmware file names. The uhd420 from wasabimango is the only one ive seen tested.

Update. Ye, wont list firmware upgradable monitors after all. There seems to be different editions of the same panel, and one can be upgraded and the other cant. And only one of the supposed four different models is actually tested by a 3rd party reviewer.

Out-of-the-box working monitors only on this list from now on.

Crossover 434k and 494 k should be added to the list ? the 434k have better specs than wasabi mango 420

Crossover 434k and 494 k should be added to the list ? the 434k have better specs than wasabi mango 420

Freesync range?

"Update. Ye, wont list firmware upgradable monitors after all. There seems to be different editions of the same panel, and one can be upgraded and the other cant. And only one of the supposed four different models is actually tested by a 3rd party reviewer.

Out-of-the-box working monitors only on this list from now on"

@ I guess you'll be wanting to add the Eizo Foris FS2735 to your list! 

Just announced earlier today, 27", freesync, IPS, 144Hz, 1440p.

Has a pretty cool mobile integration feature too, so you can use your smartphone to play with some of the monitor settings across bluetooth, like colour, brightness, contrast, presets, ectect. All the usual stuff lol

And maybe even more impressive depending on how well it turns out, you can also recieve things like call/msg notifications from your phone to the display, and it will show in the corner, could be really nice if they do it right. 

@ I guess you'll be wanting to add the Eizo Foris FS2735 to your list! 

Just announced earlier today, 27", freesync, IPS, 144Hz, 1440p.

Has a pretty cool mobile integration feature too, so you can use your smartphone to play with some of the monitor settings across bluetooth, like colour, brightness, contrast, presets, ectect. All the usual stuff lol

And maybe even more impressive depending on how well it turns out, you can also recieve things like call notifications from your phone to the display, and it will show in the corner, could be really nice if they do it right. 

Holy shit.. that monitor looks SICK.

Thank you so much for the heads up so quickly! I really appreciate it!

Holy shit.. that monitor looks SICK.

Thank you so much for the heads up so quickly! I really appreciate it!

No problem :) Hopefully the price comes in close to that of the Asus MG279Q or less, if it does it'll be a great buy especially with all those random added phone features. I'd much rather use my phone to control the display settings than most on screen displays! And I'd rather a phone that BenQ's S.Switch option lool

• 5 weeks later...

updated

Not sure if there are panels listed here that aren't in the list.

Thank you. I checked.

My list is complete, even more complete than this spreadsheet.