The Game of Your Childhood

Legend932

Zelda Ocarina of Time. Still love that game to this day

I wish I had a better one but Smackdown vs. Raw 2005 that was the only game I had for like two years. 

Dangerous Dave :)

Fun game :D Used to spend ages playing it. Also Prince of Persia 1 and 2 for MS DOS.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Thanks for sharing the stories. I love reading childhood gaming stories, they always feel so mystical for some reason xD. Growing up I was spoiled with a great PC and a shit ton of consoles :P. The early days I was in love with old rareware games. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Donkey kong 64; the list goes on and on. It was fantastic going on these adventures. I would usually catch my dad playing some "stupid" game like Ultima or Baldur's gate on the PC. He would sit me down on his lap and we would play games like Doom 2 or Star Wars dark forces. The graphics looked kind of funky (dare I say ugly?) coming from the bright colors on my Gameboy color and Nintendo 64. Soon enough I was asking him to launch the games for me so I could play them. Alas the adventures did not end there. The new generations of consoles were about to release and I can't imagine were I would be without them. Shooting grunts in Halo was fun, and so was the wind waker but nothing, NOTHING compared to the unfair number of great games released on the ps2. I got introduced to Square Enix and did a little back tracking with their old PS1 games. I remember getting Final Fantasy 7-9 all for 10 bucks; the owner did not know one bit how much these would be worth ten years down the road. Most importantly however I got introduced to the Metal Gear series which undoubtedly is my favorite work of art of all time. Of course I could go in the late nighters with Pokemon or the great memories I had playing Halo 2 with friends and strangers; but this is just one (tiny) fragment of my gaming childhood. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

First Playstation game (amazing amounts of destruction at the time!):

tzm4n9I.jpg

First Xbox game:

4JUN377.jpg

First PC game:
jCSnwwW.jpg

I also played a ton of Rollercoaster Tycoon and Age of Empires I and II

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Well now, here is a trip down memory lane for some of us!

The games from that list that I have played in the last month are Deus Ex and Metal Gear Solid.

You sir, had a phenomenal child hood  XD. As much as I wish to have listed the entire quote, I didn't want to take up space for other posts. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

_-Match-Day-2-Spectrum-48K-_.jpg

F*ck Barca v Real, Ritman Rovers v Soccerama FTW ;)

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

From my childhood? Chips challenge....easily chips challenge lol

1995 Red Alert. Best game ever.

Oh god, I played red alert so MUCH. Back in those days I had an freaky slow computer but red alert was perfoming good.

I still love the idea of having mammoth tanks crushing the enemy.

Looking for a dutch gaming clan? http://fapp-crew.nl/

Oh god, I played red alert so MUCH. Back in those days I had an freaky slow computer but red alert was perfoming good.

Red Alert is awesome! : D unfortunately i did not play it in my childhood years, played RA3 only a few years ago, its great! : )

And that vehicles just squish soldiers. The game was awesome and had everything.

I used to play against my dad all the time, lost every time. Haha.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

104660130-260x260-0-0_Sega+Bug+PC+Game.j

Oh god all the times I played that.

Mine has to be james bond nightfire! There was a deathmatch mode with up to 4 players and 4 bots! It was amazing, there were senitals which were guided missles and the golden gun was hidden in the centre of the map - One shot kill, all the time!! Damn I miss that game

GoldenGun.jpg

Battlefield 1942 <3

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 M-Plus | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz | Sapphire R9 390X | Samsung 830 128GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair HX750i | Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition 

Age of Empires II, Socom 1, 2 & 3. Battlefield modern combat ps2. COD4

Mario Kart Double Dash

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Zork

http://thcnet.net/error/index.php

Computer games when I started didn't have colour, no 3D, no sounds other then beeps and "Graphics" were pictures created using ASCII

and most of those games I played I had to spend several days entering into the computer by hand in BASIC from a magazine.

Tape drives were the norm but very expensive and HDD's...... cost as much as a car.

Gothic series hands down... also AoE II, Diablo II,HoMaM 3, Quake III Arena, GTA SA and NFS Hot Pursuit II. Funny enough for most of those games I were about 5-6 when playing so I had to hide so my mum didn't see. But one day she did and my Quake III Arena disk went straight into a bin snapped :(

The game(s) of my childhood was on the Atari 2600 "space invaders" and "Asteroids". For those of you who weren't born in the 60's or 70's, you can always google it.  :P

Current Rig as of 7/30/13

A10-6800k, Asrock Extreme 6, 16GB Kingston Hyper X 2133Mhz RAM, Asus 2GB 7770, OCZ vertex 4 128GB SSD, 2TB Barracuda HDD, Rosewill Hive 750 watt supply, and CM Storm Trooper case.

Pacman for our 286 computer with three colour screen!!!

Moonstone and Super cars 2 for amiga!!! Best games ever, even sat in a closet with a friend playing on a 14 inch fat TV(it got hot in there and not in the naughty sense).

Double dragon for nes and Super metroid for snes.

Then pc games got all of my attention, Red alert, starcraft, Half life, Motohead, CS and so on it went!

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

I have played tons of SNES and N64 back in the day, but the Game of My Childhood would have to be Super Mario Bros. All Stars as I put tons of hours into that game,

My Cooler Master: CPU: AMD FX-6300 @ 4.0Ghz (stock cooler) | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB @ 975Mhz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz | HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 7 Professional | Mobo: MSI 970A-G43

Loom (Still holding my breath for a Loom 2):

Loom%20-%20Cover.png

The Secret of Monkey Island series (I squeed like a small school girl when they first announced the Special Editions):

monkey.jpg

And many, MANY others. I'd list them all but I'm far too lazy right now, and I would want to hunt down emulators for the whole lot.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

Resident Evil 4 on the Nintendo Gamecube. Resident Evil 1-3 after that.  Monster Hunter 1 on PS2 and Freedom Unite on the PSP (Nowadays MH3U on 3DS). Diablo II (my first PC game) A TON of Pokemon, and every LoZ game from TP back.   (Oh and can't forget about Prof. Layton)

There are probably a lot more, because my dad had installed several emulators on the family computer, bought a GCN, PS2, a GBA (then a NDS) and a ton of games for me and my sister, but those are the ones that really come to mind more than any others right now.  

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2