Super PSU problem

tou9herthanyou

So I just made my first build. My power supply is a cx500 by corsair and my case is the S340 by NZXT. As you know the case block most of the top part of the PSU. When I turn my power supply fan facing the bottom I hear a lot of banging and noise but when the fan is faced up there is no noise at all. Obviously all the airflow is provided by a rectangle the size slightly bigger than a 24 pin connector. What should i do? Will I have enough airflow if the fan is facing up?

#firepole

So I just made my first build. My power supply is a cx500 by corsair and my case is the S340 by NZXT. As you know the case block most of the top part of the PSU. When I turn my power supply fan facing the bottom I hear a lot of banging and noise but when the fan is faced up there is no noise at all. Obviously all the airflow is provided by a rectangle the size slightly bigger than a 24 pin connector. What should i do? Will I have enough airflow if the fan is facing up?

#firepole

Check for lose rubbertings, screws, etc. i had the same problem with a fan. try to shake the powersupply incase something has fallen into it.

Check for lose rubbertings, screws, etc. i had the same problem with a fan. try to shake the powersupply incase something has fallen into it.

but you can try to turn the powersupply, because it looks like you have wents for the cover thingy. the cx500 shouldnt produce that much heat. just insure that you have enought airflow trough your case you it can saftley give enough air to both GPU and PSU. do you have accses to any fans in front of the case?

I have 2 fans in the fron of the case. I tried shaking the power supply i'll turn it on and do a stress test. It is loudest under load. Took my headphones off for a second while playing arkham knight and the sound scared me so much

What is the rest of your system? The power draw may be whats causing it. I have a CX600 that I barely use half the power from (got it on sale) but it remains quiet 24/7. Then again, it may just be a bad PSU.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I have a:

Gigabyte Z97-HD3

GTX 960 4GB asus Strix

WD Blue 1 tb

Gskill ares 8gb 1600

cx500

s340

enermax ets-t40

Take the PSU outside the case and use a paper clip to short the green wire with any of the black wires, then turn the PSU around.

There may be something loose inside.

Also, you should quote people if you want them to know you replied.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Take the PSU outside the case and use a paper clip to short the green wire with any of the black wires, then turn the PSU around.

Sorry, first time on a forum. Just joined the master race. 

I still have the option to send it back to newegg and get another one. Should i just do that?

I still have the option to send it back to newegg and get another one. Should i just do that?

If you can send it back do it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I had almost the same problem with seasonic 500 w so was checking for loose fittings. Installed the PSU and I saw sparks after switching on the system. It's better to send them for a RMA before it gets out of control.

If u can try to open the PSU and see for loose connections

If u can try to open the PSU and see for loose connections

Would it void my warranty or stop me from sending it back?

Would it void my warranty or stop me from sending it back?

If you open your PSU, bye bye warranty, just RMA it, its easier and if you are lucky enough they will pay for both shippings

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

If you open your PSU, bye bye warranty, just RMA it, its easier and if you are lucky enough they will pay for both shippings

It will be hard to rma for me becaause i need my computer, what happens if i leave it as it is. Currently the psu is facing upwards and getting a bit of air from the eraser sized vent and a couple holes. There are 2 fans at the front of the case for airflow. Would it be safe to keep it like this?

It will be hard to rma for me becaause i need my computer, what happens if i leave it as it is. Currently the psu is facing upwards and getting a bit of air from the eraser sized vent and a couple holes. There are 2 fans at the front of the case for airflow. Would it be safe to keep it like this?

probably wont happen much, yes it is a pretty restricted area what you have there, but probably wont hurt anything, your psu maybe will run hotter, but if i were you i would be seriously thinking about RMAing that PSU, or at least shake the hell out of it to see if something comes out

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1