will the noctua nh-dh15 fit on nzxt s340?

omnilulu

i have s340 case and i want to upgrade my stock cooler to noctua nh-dh15. would it be fit? or do i have to choose another cpu air cooler?

Nope. Anything with 140mm fans will not fit.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

i have s340 case and i want to upgrade my stock cooler to noctua nh-dh15. would it be fit? or do i have to choose another cpu air cooler?

why would you get it? just get a h100i or a kraken x61

no, the NH-D14 will, but it will looks like shit

"release your inner doge"

-doge 2069

maybe because it's quiet?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

Because the NH-D15 is quieter and cooler in almost all benchmarks.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

who cares why he wants it, that wasnt his question

If it doesnt fit a dual rad AIO will give you very similar if not a bit better performance, if you want an air cooler, 161mm is what the website says is the CPU cooler clearence, so just check height and make sure its less.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Nope. Anything with 140mm fans will not fit

ok. but if i mod the window on side panel would it work?

it gives almost the same performance as h100i. what do you think?

The NH-D14 fits, it's pretty much as good and cheaper, since it's the older model. Almost all dual tower coolers with 140mm fans won't fit, the NH-D15 actually doesn't fit cause of the fans, you could get it and put 120mm fans but that's not exactly the most optimal way to go performance and cost wise. In my opinion if you want that level of performance your options are an NH-D14 or an AIO, the Phanteks PH-TC14PE has the exact same issue as the NH-D15, the silver arrow won't fit either...In my opinion with that case is much simpler to go with an AIO, any reason you really prefer a heatsink? If there is, my choice would be an NH-D14, and right now is actually a good moment to get one since prices are VERY nice for it.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Have you looked at the http://www.thermalright.com/html/products/cpu_cooler/macho_revb.html?panel=1 Thermalright macho? Almost the same or better performance than the D14, neutral looks, and it is a very good price! Tweak town and Techpowerup both have reviews. It is one mm taller than the NZXT recommended, but you might be able to sand it a little?

I like good humans and good food

hmmm

From what I can see the NH-D15 needs 165mm of clearance to fit. The S340 has a cpu cooler clearance of 161mm. As you can see its just a tad too tall for the case. The NH-D14 is 160mm, so it will barely fit. The only thing you get with the D15 is the cut outs for taller ram sticks. Both perform very similarly so you won't miss out on extra performance.

• 1 year later...

For anyone who finds this thread wondering if it would work yes it does have done it myself with both a15 fans on the cooler. Is definitely a tight fit though! I use corsair vengeance LPX ddr4 ram. Also couldn't fit a rear 120mm fan in with the cooler taking up so much space. 

20160819_180927.jpg

CPU: Intel i9 9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000MHz CL15 GPU: Gigabyte 1080Ti Windforce w/ AIO Liquid cooler Case: Fractal Design Define S Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NVME, 1TB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB SanDisk Ultra II, 2TB Samsung 860 QVO PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W Display: 1440p 144Hz Acer XG270HU CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Logitech G Pro TKL Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless Sound: Fiio E10k + Sennheiser HD6xx + Logitech Desktop Tower Speakers OS: Windows 10 Home

On 7/6/2015 at 2:40 PM, omnilulu said:

ok. but if i mod the window on side panel would it work?

No modding is necessary. The heatsink on the NH-D15 is 160mm tall and fits in the S340. You just have to make sure to lower the fans. 

7 hours ago, Schrodingers Kat said:

For anyone who finds this thread wondering if it would work yes it does have done it myself with both a15 fans on the cooler. Is definitely a tight fit though! I use corsair vengeance LPX ddr4 ram. Also couldn't fit a rear 120mm fan in with the cooler taking up so much space. 

Are you sure? I had no problem fitting a fan behind my NH-D15 in a S340. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 7/6/2015 at 5:00 PM, brokencross said:

Nope. Anything with 140mm fans will not fit.

Not True at all.  I have a DH-15s cooling my Hackintosh in a S340.   It is close but it fits just fine. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

15 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you sure? I had no problem fitting a fan behind my NH-D15 in a S340. 

I'm pretty sure that my motherboard is to blame for mine not fitting the 120mm fan, its narrower than a standard atx board and so the cpu socket is closer to the rear I/O than normal. Using a gigabyte z170 hd3.

CPU: Intel i9 9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000MHz CL15 GPU: Gigabyte 1080Ti Windforce w/ AIO Liquid cooler Case: Fractal Design Define S Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NVME, 1TB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB SanDisk Ultra II, 2TB Samsung 860 QVO PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W Display: 1440p 144Hz Acer XG270HU CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Logitech G Pro TKL Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless Sound: Fiio E10k + Sennheiser HD6xx + Logitech Desktop Tower Speakers OS: Windows 10 Home