Asus Crosshair Formula IV 16gb support?

Hello guys,

My spec:

FX 8350

GTX 760

Cooler Master 620W silent pro semimodular

HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz CL10 8GB (2x4gb)

Asus Crosshair Formula IV ( Bios updated on newest update)

I bought one more kit of hyper x fury 1866MHz CL10 ( same kit like the old one ) and I have some issues with it.

I can't boot up my PC with installed all sticks. I tried every stick individual on my mobo and everyone of them works fine (so, it's not kingston problem.) 

I can boot up 2x4gb with no problems, 3x4gb I can boot it but it's saying like ( 4gb usable only ) and with 4x4gb it's black screen.

I tried also to clear bios but nothing... still can't boot up with 4x4gb. Is there anything I can do about it ?

Or it's just , my mobo doesn't support 4x4gb.

i have the formula Z and i'm running 32GB of RAM.

you have the 2011 version of the bios? there should be no reason it doesnt recognize the 16GBs.

does it say 16GB in the bios?

what OS are you running?

follow your thread.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

i have the formula Z and i'm running 32GB of RAM.

you have the 2011 version of the bios? there should be no reason it doesnt recognize the 16GBs.

does it say 16GB in the bios?

what OS are you running?

2012* version of bios. " Crosshair IV Formula BIOS 3029 " 

OS Win7 64bit.

I already said, can't boot up with 16gb. Just black screen and DRAM lighting on motherboard.

2012* version of bios. " Crosshair IV Formula BIOS 3029 " 

OS Win7 64bit.

I already said, can't boot up with 16gb. Just black screen and DRAM lighting on motherboard.

oh, sorry, read your booting wrong.

2011 is the bios update version. at least that's what my Z is, your IV seems to be 3029.

i had this issue before on a different motherboard. your RAM is dying, or your rails are dying.

all you can do is get a friend to test your ram all together on his/her MB.

when this happened to me i had to just run with 3 sticks because that's all i could get to work.

eventually it took 4 sticks but only read 3, even though it read all 4 individually. after all said and done my RAM died from a lightning strike.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

oh, sorry, read your booting wrong.

2011 is the bios update version. at least that's what my Z is, your IV seems to be 3029.

i had this issue before on a different motherboard. your RAM is dying, or your rails are dying.

all you can do is get a friend to test your ram all together on his/her MB.

when this happened to me i had to just run with 3 sticks because that's all i could get to work.

eventually it took 4 sticks but only read 3, even though it read all 4 individually. after all said and done my RAM died from a lightning strike.

Hmm, but I tried every single ram individual on-board and they working. Also tried one kit 2x4gb and the other kit 2x4gb on-board (individual) and they're working fine. I just can't run 4x4gb. Maybe my mobo is dying then ?

I don't think ram is the problem.. cuz, one kit is brand new and the other kit is 3-4months old only.

Just wanna close this topic cuz I solved the problem.

The problem was CPU, FX 8350 doesn't support 4dimms of 1866MHz memory so I needed to dowclock manuely also the timings in bios with 2sticks. Then after that, added 2sticks more and now I'm running 1333MHz 8-9-8 stable with 4dimms 16gb 4x4gb.

Peace.