AMD new "old" 390x

Ahmed M. Mashaly

Hello guys.

I just saw the release of AMD new cards.

Actually i expected to see more not old cards boosted just a little bit and doubling the vram.

I myself was confused about whether I get the gtx 970 or wait for the new AMD cards.

I guess I will stick with the gtx 970 for now.

What do you think guys?

Wait for reviews and release prices ?

All the products to hit the shelves ?

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

If you have the extra money, maybe go for the Radeon Fury Series. Based on Fiji architecture. No point going with AMD R9 300 Series. All rebrands. Either that or go green team?

That's not an actual review. What matters is performance and price. How does the card perform, what are the benchmarks and what is the price?

For me what is going to matter is the TDP of this "new" GPU. A higher clocked 290x with significantly lower TDP would be an awesome card if its priced not too much more than a 970.

If AMD hasn't lowered the TDP any and the card doesn't see much of a performance difference, I wont consider buying it.

Whether its rebadged or not is irrelevant to me.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB