?nvidia/evga cards exchangeable?

Go to solution Solved by Unhelpful,

nvidia designs the "Reference" card. Other vendors then add their own iterations with custom PCB's and different coolers, although some of them are the exact same as the reference in every way.

So to answer your question: yes.

Im building a computer, while its my first I know alot about how to do it and I work alot with electronics in general. Im having a problem with the video card though, on the compatibility list for the motherboard im using it has "NVIDIA GeForce GTX750Ti" but i cant find that card on newegg which is where I have to get my parts since the mother board, case, and psu are in a barebone system newegg exclusive. BUT newegg does sell "EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 FTW w/ ACX Cooling Video Card". Thats the same card but from EVGA (it is the "ti ftw" version but if thats a problem there is a "ti" version). ???CAN  I USE THE CARD FROM EVGA AS A REPACEMENT FOR THE NVIDIA CARD???

Thanks for any help and advice you can give.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THE WHOLE PARTS LIST-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASRock M8-Z97 5th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron Intel Socket LGA1150 Intel Z97 1 x HDMI Barebone

EVGA 02G-P4-3757-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 FTW w/ ACX Cooling Video Card

Intel Core i3-4370 Haswell Dual-Core 3.8GHz LGA 1150 54W BX80646I34370 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

CORSAIR Vengeance Performance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3L 1866 (PC3L 15000) Laptop Memory Model CMSX8GX3M2B1866C10

Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

and the 1tb hard drive from my current computer

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...

nvidia designs the "Reference" card. Other vendors then add their own iterations with custom PCB's and different coolers, although some of them are the exact same as the reference in every way.

So to answer your question: yes.

The FTW only refers to clock speeds. It's compatible with the "normal" 750 Ti.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

thanks guys was getting a bit worried about the different branding.

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...