21:9 Ultrawide Club

IMPERIUS

Thought I would start this, because why not

Share your monitor, why you chose to go the "ultrawide" way and how do you like it.

My monitor is the LG UM65 215in model. 60hz, 1080p. I love it. Some people might say 29in is the minimum for 21:9 monitors but I disagree. Its just enough imo. I chose that because of the resolution, for the extra FOV in games and better productivity options.

What about you?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I use a AOC 3477PQU, which is a 3440 x 1400 monitor.

I picked it because, I needed to combine to save some deskspace, and i needed a 21:9 monitor. 

I was never a big fan of the 2560 x 1080 resolution, so I really didn't have much of a choice.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Hey guys. Im using a 29inch LG as well. my desk cant fit bookshelf speakers, books and a 34inch. not to mention the price increase but hey 21:9 for the win!!

I've cheated my way into this 'club'.

I bought the Phillips BDM4065UC which is a 40" 4K monitor (yes it does 60hz) 16:9, but I found the best experience is cropping res down to 21:9.

So I'm running an effective 37" 1600p monitor :P

Freaking amazing in GTA V

d010e4212ffa4bad4b10d32c8d5ebbdf.jpgMy current display, an Asus MX299Q 2560X1080 Display. Love it.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

I just got my new LG 34UC97 curved ultrawide display with a resolution of 3440x1440 in 21:9 aspect. I must say it's the best monitor that I have ever laid my eyes on -- it totally immerses you. 

gallery_197431_3018_76978.jpg

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

This is my current setup. Sporting the 21:9 LG34UM95-P

Mighty fine setup, sir. Almost like mine. Just have one more up top for Server-Management.

This is from when I first tested out my setup in the new office space:

q1n2A6A.jpg

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

This is probally as good as place as any to ask this:

Can a curved monitor be turned vertical?

I want a multi screen setup, but think that 10320x1440 is way to wide.

7200x3440 sounds much better or 4320x3440, depending on what 3 way 980ti csn handle.

Mighty fine setup, sir. Almost like mine. Just have one more up top for Server-Management.

This is from when I first tested out my setup in the new office space:

Cheers  :D

I like the look of the monitor on top, it looks like it could come in handy. Just need to sort the cable management out first though  :(

This is probally as good as place as any to ask this:

Can a curved monitor be turned vertical?

I want a multi screen setup, but think that 10320x1440 is way to wide.

7200x3440 sounds much better or 4320x3440, depending on what 3 way 980ti csn handle.

You can turn it but I don't know how well games support that resolution. And 2 way 980ti is plenty

You can turn it but I don't know how well games support that resolution. And 2 way 980ti is plenty

I'm guessing as many games support that resolution as ultra wide, but time will tell.

Given that 4 way Titan X is just enough for 3x 4K monitors, so do I think that I need at least 3 way 980 ti if I want to game at that resolution.

In. :-)

I have the Dell u3415w which is 3440x1440. Reason I got it was due to the fact that I was upgrading my entire system (yes the whole thing) and I wanted the form factor, both for gaming and productivity. For gaming the immersion is just over the top in my opinion, I simply love it. For productivity, well I write a lot of music, so the form factor is perfect for looking at a score - width is much more handy than height because I can fit much more music on the screen. Screen shot below.

I find the software which comes with the Dell super useful, I'd be interested to know what you guys' opinions are with the other brands on that.

post-188698-0-36660600-1433624747_thumb.

In. :-)

I have the Dell u3415w which is 3440x1440. Reason I got it was due to the fact that I was upgrading my entire system (yes the whole thing) and I wanted the form factor, both for gaming and productivity. For gaming the immersion is just over the top in my opinion, I simply love it. For productivity, well I write a lot of music, so the form factor is perfect for looking at a score - width is much more handy than height because I can fit much more music on the screen. Screen shot below.

I find the software which comes with the Dell super useful, I'd be interested to know what you guys' opinions are with the other brands on that.

Untitled-1.png

Wow that is a great song. Jk i cant read notes haha. I really like lg's screen split program, you can have up to 4 windows clipped on a single desktop. All being active at the same time

I really like lg's screen split program, you can have up to 4 windows clipped on a single desktop. All being active at the same time

I don't get it - 4 windows clipped, all being active? How does that work?

I went with the 29um67 because of the freesync and 75hz. I really want a 34" 1440p but want to wait till newer 75hz+ are released.

post-192658-0-86837900-1433626061_thumb.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

After I get enough to fix my car's transmission I'll be saving up $200 for the cheapest ultrawide there is! The lg 25" 2560x1080 one. I'll be going to college this fall and I don't want to have 2 monitors but 1080p isn't wide enough for productivity. League of legends also sounds cool on an ultrawide...

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

I love my 25" Ultrawide, I was hoping to get a 1440p 16:9 display but due to limited space on my desk the Ultrawide works great. 

GXSScrc.jpg

My Build

- i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI z87m Mobo - 16Gb 1866MHz RAM - MSI R9 290 - Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb - 2 x 1Tb WD Blue - CX600m - H55 AIO cooler - Fractal Node 804 - Lg 25um64-s Ultrawide screen monitor -  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/colec18/saved/9FKXsY

I don't get it - 4 windows clipped, all being active? How does that work?

Well they aren't active like a normal window but you can scroll without the need to first click it

After I get enough to fix my car's transmission I'll be saving up $200 for the cheapest ultrawide there is! The lg 25" 2560x1080 one. I'll be going to college this fall and I don't want to have 2 monitors but 1080p isn't wide enough for productivity. League of legends also sounds cool on an ultrawide...

I have it and love it. I love bf3 in ultrawide or any game really

Well they aren't active like a normal window but you can scroll without the need to first click it

I have it and love it. I love bf3 in ultrawide or any game really

So you can scroll in any of the windows just by having your mouse pointer "over" that window, do I get that right? That is a very useful feature I must say.

Edit: The Dell software has a pretty nifty grouping sort of thing, where you can quick pick different layouts, and also save your own layout.

post-188698-0-19516000-1433627165.jpg

Yeah I agree with the gaming, any game looks fantastic. It's a bit of a hassle with some games (FOV, broken menus and hud's etc) but wsgf has proven to be a big help on that account and the software patches they maintain.

Anyone know how to fix Skyrim on 21:9?

It's killing me...

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

So you can scroll in any of the windows just by having your mouse pointer "over" that window, do I get that right? That is a very useful feature I must say.

Edit: The Dell software has a pretty nifty grouping sort of thing, where you can quick pick different layouts, and also save your own layout.

Untitled-1.jpg

Yeah I agree with the gaming, any game looks fantastic. It's a bit of a hassle with some games (FOV, broken menus and hud's etc) but wsgf has proven to be a big help on that account and the software patches they maintain.

Yup thats what I meant. What about your monitor, do you have to click to scroll? And mine only has 4 windows max but you can manually edit their size

Hey guys.

I'm looking to join this club soon once I make enough money and am trying to decide between the AOC, LG and Curved Dell 34 inch displays. 
Anyone know if the curve makes that  much of a difference? It's like a 25% premium.

Anyone know how to fix Skyrim on 21:9?

It's killing me...

What's wrong with it? Have you tried Flawless Widescreen, as far as I can see, there's a patch in the list?

post-188698-0-37503300-1433668067.jpg

What's wrong with it? Have you tried Flawless Widescreen, as far as I can see, there's a patch in the list?

attachicon.gifUntitled-2.jpg

I have tried it.

I am still having issues however.