21:9 Ultrawide Club

IMPERIUS

Yup thats what I meant. What about your monitor, do you have to click to scroll? And mine only has 4 windows max but you can manually edit their size

I do unfortunately have to click to scroll, yes. Does yours have different colour profiles for different applications? That's a pretty smart thing about the Dell software, it can change the colour profile completely, just by you changing what program you are using - on the fly.

post-188698-0-72295800-1433668425.jpg

Hey guys.

I'm looking to join this club soon once I make enough money and am trying to decide between the AOC, LG and Curved Dell 34 inch displays. 

Anyone know if the curve makes that  much of a difference? It's like a 25% premium.

Haven't seen any of the flat 34'' so I couldn't say. I think Linus made some comment on the flat vs. curved but I can't remember where. From my perspective, it will make a difference due to the sheer size. It is a very gentle curve, but it does help when looking at the far ends I think.

I do unfortunately have to click to scroll, yes. Does yours have different colour profiles for different applications? That's a pretty smart thing about the Dell software, it can change the colour profile completely, just by you changing what program you are using - on the fly.

Untitled-1.jpg

I do have different presets but gotta change them with the monitor's buttons.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Haven't seen any of the flat 34'' so I couldn't say. I think Linus made some comment on the flat vs. curved but I can't remember where. From my perspective, it will make a difference due to the sheer size. It is a very gentle curve, but it does help when looking at the far ends I think.

Hey guys.

I'm looking to join this club soon once I make enough money and am trying to decide between the AOC, LG and Curved Dell 34 inch displays. 

Anyone know if the curve makes that  much of a difference? It's like a 25% premium.

I have the LG 34uc97 at work and the LG 34um95 at home and i can definitely say that i prefer the curved one. 

The image looks a lot clearer and crisp compared to the flat panel.

I would definitely recommend the curved display.

I'm currently in the process of finishing my new PC build.

I've been debating for some time between getting an Ultra Wide and getting a 144hz gaming monitor.

When I game, it's mostly MMORPGs and RPGs. So maybe the 144 won't be as noticeable in comparison to the sheer immersion of an Ultra Wide.

Productivity wise, I'll be studying heavy programming so having a second monitor in portrait is something I'll likely look into.

For me, it's currently out of the 34um95 or u3477pqu, with the latter being £54 cheaper. Not too worried about stand either as I'll be mounting it.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I've been debating for some time between getting an Ultra Wide and getting a 144hz gaming monitor.

When I game, it's mostly MMORPGs and RPGs. So maybe the 144 won't be as noticeable in comparison to the sheer immersion of an Ultra Wide.

Productivity wise, I'll be studying heavy programming so having a second monitor in portrait is something I'll likely look into.

For me, it's currently out of the 34um95 or u3477pqu, with the latter being £54 cheaper. Not too worried about stand either as I'll be mounting it.

I haven't seen the AOC ones but I can vouch for the LG 34UM95. I too play a lot of mmorpgs and RTS with the occasional FPS and I can say that you won't find an experience like it.

Ultra wide is definitely the way to go, especially for productivity. You won't want to go back to standard monitors after you have used one.

I would take the lg one, just because

I appreciate the quick replies, guys! I have yet to purchase my GPU for my build but what is the minimum suggestion to play games at a maximum (or close) setting whilst maintaining a high, solid FPS and smoothness?

I was considering a single 980ti.

That would be more than enough. I run a single 970 and that works fine for me.

I appreciate the quick replies, guys! I have yet to purchase my GPU for my build but what is the minimum suggestion to play games at a maximum (or close) setting whilst maintaining a high, solid FPS and smoothness?

I was considering a single 980ti.

I would go with the 980 at least, you can go with the 970 and get your results in today's games but not for long

Sounds like a plan - That settles it then! 980 or 980TI to give myself a bit of future proofing.

Beyond excited. Witcher 3 and FFXIV expansion on Ultra Wide is going to be something else.

Sounds like a plan - That settles it then! 980 or 980TI to give myself a bit of future proofing.

Beyond excited. Witcher 3 and FFXIV expansion on Ultra Wide is going to be something else.

Im jelly

YO. I love that band.

Haha awesome!

So do @-Tesseract-

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

After I get enough to fix my car's transmission I'll be saving up $200 for the cheapest ultrawide there is! The lg 25" 2560x1080 one. I'll be going to college this fall and I don't want to have 2 monitors but 1080p isn't wide enough for productivity. League of legends also sounds cool on an ultrawide...

I can honestly say that I would not recommend the 25" one. Due to the way they're laid out the 25" has less screen estate in hight than a 24" 16:9.

If you take a look at my picture in this thread - that's a 29" 21:9 and it's still a little bit less in height than a 24" 16:9.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

I can honestly say that I would not recommend the 25" one. Due to the way they're laid out the 25" has less screen estate in hight than a 24" 16:9.

If you take a look at my picture in this thread - that's a 29" 21:9 and it's still a little bit less in height than a 24" 16:9.

But you get dem pixelz. Decide wheather you want more "virtual" screen size or physical size

Can anyone test to see whether or not higher resolution means more VRAM usage?

No point going 21:9 and/or multiple monitors, if the GPU cant keep up.

Of course, more pixels=higher requirements

Hey guys.

These are the only monitors you should consider really:

LG 29um67 - 29inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync
LG 34um67 - 34inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync

Acer z35 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz, gsync
Benq xr3501 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz, no?-sync

Asus pg34q - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 75hz, gsync
Acer x34 - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 100hz, gsync

The 29" here costs 350$ US and is so worth it. Especially if you get freesync working with an amd card. Its better to save up for that really, than to get another crappy monitor and keep dreaming about "what it would be like".

hi, i'm new on this forum!

i recently bought my awesome LG29UM55-P, 29" - 2560 x 1080

it is awesome i can recommend everyone to start using 21:9, although after i installed my monitor my r9 270x started having lag spikes on

Grand theft auto 5, witch is a bummer. I will probably invest in the r9 3xx series once they come out.

46210574.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-25UM57-25-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B00V8FAWC2

I Just got one of these today.

I love the Damn thing.  Won't go back to 16:9 if I don't have to.

Only con is the lack of I/O.  It only has 2 HDMI and 1 HP port.

Non-issue for me since I kind of prefer one screen for gaming.  

I can still use it for Console gaming and watching TV since its only 1080P.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-25UM57-25-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B00V8FAWC2

I Just got one of these today.

I love the Damn thing. Won't go back to 16:9 if I don't have to.

Only con is the lack of I/O. It only has 2 HDMI and 1 HP port.

Non-issue for me since I kind of prefer one screen for gaming.

I can still use it for Console gaming and watching TV since its only 1080P.

I have the same one, mine is only um65 but that's nothing important. Love it

LG 34UM95 (34" 3440 x 1440 resolution)

Being driven by a:

Core i5-2500K CPU

GeForce GTX 980

Here is a desk shot of my setup.  You can see Leona standing guard over my gear, when I'm not using it.

X5kXWqs.jpg

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

LG 34UM95 (34" 3440 x 1440 resolution)

Being driven by a:

Core i5-2500K CPU

GeForce GTX 980

Here is a desk shot of my setup.  You can see Leona standing guard over my gear, when I'm not using it.

What stand are you using with that? It looks quite low profile.