All the other components have been decided, Red and Black theme, Will be used for Gaming and Video editing with a 4770K

What i want is your opinion on which one of these two motherboards too get with a GOOD reason why i should get that motherboard

i dont want because i like it better for example

Asus Maximus VI Hero or

Asus Sabertooth Z87

Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me :)

None of the above because tinytomlogan reviewed the VI Hero and he said that there were bios issues and The Sabertooth isn't worth it because you are basically paying for the TUF features and this motherboard is useful if you are making a clean build. I would go with the MSI GD65 Gaming motherboard imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I just ordered the z87 UD3H from Gigabyte. I hear it is decent at overclocking so I decided to kind of cheap out on a board instead of getting the Hero. 

So no, don't get the Hero or the Sabertooth. 

Get the G45 Gaming instead. It should have everything you might need and is cheaper.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

None of the above because tinytomlogan reviewed the VI Hero and he said that there were bios issues and the Sabertooth isn't worth it because you are basically paying for the TUF features and this motherboard is useful if you are making a clean build. I would go with the MSI GD65 Gaming motherboard imo.

WRONG. The motherboard he reviewed was the extreme and that one had BIOS issues. He never reviewed the Hero. Just because one big reviewer gets a defective board and makes a negative review about it is no need to pull down the whole line of ASUS ROG motherboards.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

Both boards seem to be getting good reviews on Newegg etc. I would go for the Hero for the audio and onboard power button and debug LED, but that is just me. I

will admit the Sabertooth looks really good though so it's your call.

Thanks for all the posts, i will have a look around at some of the other motherboards suggested and see what they are like

Hero. Debug LED is a must.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

None of the above because tinytomlogan reviewed the VI Hero and he said that there were bios issues and the Sabertooth isn't worth it because you are basically paying for the TUF features and this motherboard is useful if you are making a clean build. I would go with the MSI GD65 Gaming motherboard imo.

Don't you mean g 45 gaming the boards are the same but the GD 65 have more pci slots and sata ports

Don't you mean g 45 gaming the boards are the same but the GD 65 have more pci slots and sata ports

I think that the GD65 is more for the heavy OC. IDK Just has more features and more stuff that come with it like SLI Bridge. its sad that the G45 doesnt come with much like SLI Bridge and CrossFire Bridge., ever though it supports it.....

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

All the other components have been decided, Red and Black theme

-> obviously go for the maximus to match..

'GOOD' reason for Sabertooth: if you're all about cooling and monitoring fanspeeds and temps... or you need the 5 year warranty.

'GOOD' reason for Maximus: if you wanna push really high overclocks and want good onboard sound solution.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I know my friend wants the hero for the sound radar for games so by using sound it maps where people are in the game.

This should have a poll

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

WRONG. The motherboard he reviewed was the extreme and that one had BIOS issues. He never reviewed the Hero. Just because one big reviewer gets a defective board and makes a negative review about it is no need to pull down the whole line of ASUS ROG motherboards.

Sorry looked it up too quick when I was posting this.  The Maximus VI Extreme now has a bios update which will probably fix the bios issues. I would go with the GD65 Gaming still since it has more power phases which will be useful for achieving a stable high overclock.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Have not heard anything bad about the Hero board.

I may just have crappy luck but i just got a Hero board and just started the RMA process with ASUS. For whatever reason the board will not detect ram installed and I get error code 55 on the Qled. I'll hold up complaining about the board till I actually get a working board and get to enjoy it :(

Oh and I tried 3 different types of ram it is not a compatibilty issue.

I would say you got a defective board, so you are right to hold your opinion until you have a functioning one. I planned to get a Hero myself, If I ever get enough money.

I would say you got a defective board, so you are right to hold your opinion until you have a functioning one. I planned to get a Hero myself, If I ever get enough money.

I will add that imho it is a really nice looking board just wish mine had worked right out of the box.