RIG not working need help asap

I just assembled my first build pressed the power button turns on the fans start spinning then shuts of and then turns on again anyone know why need help plz :(

I just assembled my first build pressed the power button turns on the fans start spinning then shuts of and then turns on again anyone know why need help plz :(

Swap the RAM to a different slot. Same thing happened to me

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Specs would help

Sounds like a faulty PSU or overheating CPU

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Specs would help

No, I think it is likely the RAM. Since my RAM had not arrived yet, I turned my system on before I had the RAM in and this is exactly what happened

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Specs would help

i agree, tell specs plz, then we can help.....

No, I think it is likely the RAM. Since my RAM had not arrived yet, I turned my system on before I had the RAM in and this is exactly what happened

That's also a possibility

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

still doesnt work changed sticks removed gpu nothing is working :(

i5 4690

8 gb veangeance

strix 970

cx750m psu

z87x-d3h

Z87 board with a devils canyon. Probably need the BIOS update before it will run.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

still doesnt work changed sticks removed gpu nothing is working :(

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#

You need to make sure your motherboard has at least the F8 BIOS update before it will POST with your 4690. It's a Haswell Refresh (ie Devils Canyon) therefore a Z87 board will not support it out of the box unless it's been updated.

Sometimes you get lucky and the board was built and shipped with the updated BIOS. Sometimes you don't.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4518#

You need to make sure your motherboard has at least the F8 BIOS update before it will POST with your 4690. It's a Haswell Refresh (ie Devils Canyon) therefore a Z87 board will not support it out of the box unless it's been updated.

Sometimes you get lucky and the board was built and shipped with the updated BIOS. Sometimes you don't.

How do i go about doing this since i cant start it

How do i go about doing this since i cant start it

Heh well. Let me take a look at your board specs. I'll edit this post in a minute.

Alright.

From your manual: Chapter 5-1-1 (Pages 77-78)

1. Download latest BIOS

2. Extract to USB Flash Drive, formatted in FAT32

3. Boot. Immediately press <End> key during POST to access Q-Flash.

According to your manual Q-Flash is designed to be used without "accessing MS-DOS or the OS" so it's possible it will work without needing the CPU since it's an embedded utility. Notice I said possible because I'm not sure if this is similar to Asus' blind-flashing utility.

Give it a shot. If it works, awesome, if not then you'll need to either get a regular Haswell CPU (a cheap pentium or something will work, just not the G3258) or take the board to the store you bought it from (or any PC store with a tech depot really) and see if they will flash it for you.

Heh well. Let me take a look at your board specs. I'll edit this post in a minute.

Alright.

From your manual: Chapter 5-1-1 (Pages 77-78)

1. Download latest BIOS

2. Extract to USB Flash Drive, formatted in FAT32

3. Boot. Immediately press <End> key during POST to access Q-Flash.

According to your manual Q-Flash is designed to be used without "accessing MS-DOS or the OS" so it's possible it will work without needing the CPU since it's an embedded utility. Notice I said possible because I'm not sure if this is similar to Asus' blind-flashing utility.

Give it a shot. If it works, awesome, if not then you'll need to either get a regular Haswell CPU (a cheap pentium or something will work, just not the G3258) or take the board to the store you bought it from (or any PC store with a tech depot really) and see if they will flash it for you.

I am going to give this a go but how would it work when the rig just turns of instantly?

I am going to give this a go but how would it work when the rig just turns of instantly?

Hence why I said it may not work as I'm not overly familiar with Q-Flash. Best you can do is give it a shot.

Hence why I said it may not work as I'm not overly familiar with Q-Flash. Best you can do is give it a shot.

I will :)

tried pressing the end key doesnt work

tried pressing the end key doesnt work

That's what I was afraid of.

You're going to need to do one of two things then. Either take it to a shop and see if they will flash it for you. Or you're gonna need to buy/borrow a pre-refresh Haswell cpu. If you have to buy one you can get a cheap G series pentium to do it. Just make sure you check Intel's ARK site first to make sure it's a pre refresh chip.

You're going to need to do one of two things then. Either take it to a shop and see if they will flash it for you. Or you're gonna need to buy/borrow a pre-refresh Haswell cpu. If you have to buy one you can get a cheap G series pentium to do it. Just make sure you check Intel's ARK site first to make sure it's a pre refresh chip.

I got the mobo out of the case removed everything except a fan and when i start it without the case and everything same thing happens fan starts then shuts of the starts and keeps going until i shut the psu of

I got the mobo out of the case removed everything except a fan and when i start it without the case and everything same thing happens fan starts then shuts of the starts and keeps going until i shut the psu of

.... Yeah? The issue is your motherboard BIOS does not recognize your Haswell Refresh CPU. And it won't recognize it until you get it flashed with the updated F8 or F9 BIOS.

You can plug and unplug as many things as you want to try, but its not going to help.

I checked cpu compatibility and its 4th gen intel and the i5 4690 is 4th gen so that shouldnt be the problem and even without the cpu the fans stop spinning are they supposed to do that without a cpu

I checked cpu compatibility and its 4th gen intel and the i5 4690 is 4th gen so that shouldnt be the problem and even without the cpu the fans stop spinning are they supposed to do that without a cpu

Look at the compatibility list. Notice the BIOS revision requirement?

I don't know how much clearer I can say it.

Look at the compatibility list. Notice the BIOS revision requirement?

I don't know how much clearer I can say it.

Gonna try with my local pc shop then thanks for the help m8

Gonna try with my local pc shop then thanks for the help m8

No problem dude, hope they fix it up for you.

No problem dude, hope they fix it up for you.

So the local shop didnt have any old haswell cpus so i got a z97 board started up fine from the start now doesnt work at all no start then shut off or anything not even a single thing