Corsair H100i GTX cpu fan error on boot!?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

should i set it to 100%?

Yes it's required that's what the manual says.

Hi! I just finished my PC build with the corsair h100iGTX when I was given the messege that I had a CPU Fan error (I have plugged in the h100i GTX pump to the CPU_Fan already). Whats stranger is that it seems to be working regardless of my motherboards inability to recognize it (maximus hero VII), the corsair light shows up and my idle temperatures are at 27-28 degrees on the bios. So.. Why doesnt my mobo recognize it if i have plugged it to the correct fan header (CPU_FAN) while at the same time, it appears to be working? WHAT IS THE FAN ERROR!?

Thanks for your help!!

Maybe the mobo can't control the pump like its used to so it screams

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Hi! I just finished my PC build with the corsair h100iGTX when I was given the messege that I had a CPU Fan error (I have plugged in the h100i GTX pump to the CPU_Fan already). Whats stranger is that it seems to be working regardless of my motherboards inability to recognize it (maximus hero VII), the corsair light shows up and my idle temperatures are at 27-28 degrees on the bios. So.. Why doesnt my mobo recognize it if i have plugged it to the correct fan header (CPU_FAN) while at the same time, it appears to be working? WHAT IS THE FAN ERROR!?

Thanks for your help!!

Is the cpu fan header set to 100 % fan speed in the BIOS?

On your BIOS set your CPU fan speed limit to ignore. 

yeah but what will that solve (besides the ignoring of the fan error)? how do i know it works?

??!??!?!?!??!?!

Maybe the Motherboard tries to change the speed of the pump but the pump is fixed so its not working, just guessing

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

yeah but what will that solve (besides the ignoring of the fan error)? how do i know it works?

if your temps are that low its working

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Maybe the Motherboard tries to change the speed of the pump but the pump is fixed so its not working, just guessing

I have nooo idea! 

does the corsair light means its working? I..just dont know why it doesnt recognize the GTX, i plugged it into CPU_FAN just like the man in the video said :( 

should i set it to 100%?

Yes it's required that's what the manual says.

The limit is used to signal when a fan or a pump is failing, if for example your pump fails it will drop the RPMs and your motherboard will throw a CPU error. Since you have it set to 100%, it means that it expects the fan or pump connected to that header to run to whatever RPM you have it set for in the bios. If you set it to ignore, it will ignore this error.

• 4 months later...

I am having this exact same problem, only I can't change the Fan Speed in the bios. It's currently at 30c / 86f!!

I'm stuck. Can anybody help?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Have you figured this issue out? I just built my rig and incountered the same error message. I fixed it by following the instructions below:

-In the Bios, go to monitoring and find the CPU FAN setting.

-Instead of AUTO switch it to PWM, meaning force PWM mode, and i set the minimum to Speed to 200RPM.

No error and now Corsair Link sees the fan speed and all is happy. Just to note, I'm using the Asus 97 pro wifi ac, and the corsair h100i gtx.​

Hope that helps.

• 4 months later...
On 10/15/2015 at 5:11 AM, Phattyhimself said:

-In the Bios, go to monitoring and find the CPU FAN setting.

-Instead of AUTO switch it to PWM, meaning force PWM mode, and i set the minimum to Speed to 200RPM.

Installed the H100i GTX with an Asus Maximus VII Ranger. Worked fine for a while, but suddenly AI Suite and Corsair Link couldnt detect the fan speeds anymore.

What Phattyhimself suggested worked like a charm.

I'd like to point out that the method forces CPU_FAN to PWM (i.e. 4-pin), whereas the fans and the connection are in fact 3-pin. No idea whether that's significant...