Experineces with 7970 vapor x

Well do you have experiences with 7970 vapor x ghz ed?

I found it to have almost the same performance as titan and gtx 780 at 1080p in ultra settings (I'm going to play on high) and if i bought it before i would titan i would save 500 dollars for almost the same performance. What do you think?

vs the Titan maybe if the vram was stressed by the game otherwise I don't see how a 7970 comes close to a Titan show me these benchmarks 0_o

yea, the 7970 is a real monster in benchmarks sometimes

i am a fan of the Tomb Raider benchmark (on 4xSSAA) and impress me how good she does (vs the 780)

still, don't drive your decision on me :ph34r: let's hope someone bring real numbers to the table

(i will add that GTX 780 and the TITAN are more powerful cards)

I think I wanna see some benchmarks o.0

yeah ditto

what ever happened to proof and comparisons in tech forums? lol

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

this one is a cool Linus test  ^_^

http://youtu.be/li1oj8zp1Qc

if you plan do a 1000$ buy, i will say buy a TITAN  (it's always cool have the best GPU lol)  :lol:

7990 - (this will be my buy for 1000 but that it's just me lol)

TITAN - (i recommend this one to you)

dual 7970

7970 - (i love it)

I saw sapphire 7970 ghz ed be close or outperform gtx 780 by few frames and im going to get vapor x version which is better than sapphire ghz ed i think and im going to even overclock it, so it should in theory get close to the titan

I saw sapphire 7970 ghz ed be close or outperform gtx 780 by few frames and im going to get vapor x version which is better than sapphire ghz ed i think and im going to even overclock it, so it should in theory get close to the titan

hey, i am with you :lol: i love the 7970 and it be my next buy also

at this level they are all awesome cards, you can not going wrong at this level of cards  :wub:

The Vapor-X is the GHz edition, You might be thinking of the "Toxic" card with 6gb?

I have the 7970 Vapor-X.

I'm maxing out Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon (FXAA only) and Vsync on @60fps my GPU usage is usually at 60 to 80. All I have to say is wow. I'm too lazy to take pics and stuff, you'll have to take my word for it.

I love this card and even for the $430 I paid for it (It went down to like $360 after that >:(  ) Its a very good bang for the buck plus free games. I can't comment on how well it does against the Titan or 780, but I'd say those are in another league, but not worth it really with the price/preformance.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I found it to have almost the same performance as titan and gtx 780 at 1080p in ultra settings (I'm going to play on high) and if i bought it before i would titan i would save 500 dollars for almost the same performance. What do you think?

You find that because the 780 doesn't really get to stretch its legs @ 1080p, also you're limited by 60hz. If you had a higher resolution monitor or a higher refresh rate monitor, you'll fell the difference.

Edit: sorry, double post.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

The Vapor-X is the GHz edition, You might be thinking of the "Toxic" card with 6gb?

I have the 7970 Vapor-X.

I'm maxing out Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon (FXAA only) and Vsync on @60fps my GPU usage is usually at 60 to 80. All I have to say is wow. I'm too lazy to take pics and stuff, you'll have to take my word for it.

I love this card and even for the $430 I paid for it (It went down to like $360 after that > :(  ) Its a very good bang for the buck plus free games. I can't comment on how well it does against the Titan or 780, but I'd say those are in another league, but not worth it really with the price/preformance.

You find that because the 780 doesn't really get to stretch its legs @ 1080p, also you're limited by 60hz. If you had a higher resolution monitor or a higher refresh rate monitor, you'll fell the difference.

Edit: sorry, double post.

yea, i really think people underestimate how powerful "really is" this card  B)

Any links? AFAIK, GTX780 is 20%-50% better compare to 7970 Ghz.. and that is on stock clock.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

here is ghz edition of 7970 compared to 780: http://anandtech.com/bench/Product/768?vs=827

I don't think this still is vapor-x card and i will be using 3gb version since i wont be using more than 2000 megabytes for games another candidate may be gtx 680 signature two, it gets better than 7970ghz just in some benchmarks, but 7970 sometimes beats the signature two card by 30 fps!

here is ghz edition of 7970 compared to 780: http://anandtech.com/bench/Product/768?vs=827

I don't think this still is vapor-x card and i will be using 3gb version since i wont be using more than 2000 megabytes for games another candidate may be gtx 680 signature two, it gets better than 7970ghz just in some benchmarks, but 7970 sometimes beats the signature two card by 30 fps!

good numbers  :lol:

Any links? AFAIK, GTX780 is 20%-50% better compare to 7970 Ghz.. and that is on stock clock.

afaik (as far as i know) it's is true that the 780 is more powerful that 7970, but the real number (for me at least) is

GTX 780 is 14% more powerful that 7970 (but this is just me and my numbers)  :rolleyes:

so, i can bite that they are 20% more powerful (i like round numbers)

but no way they can be more than that (for me at least)  ^_^

Yeah.. that's just exaggerated, but it is a good overclocker though.  :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On bf3 it only averages 62 celsius. I think that 72 is the maximum temperature without shortening the gpu's life. I can take another 10 decibels of noise (since i will be using quite fans on my case that i will get) so i can speed up my fans and achive better temperatures and clock :).