...New desk?

Zambonie

So.............................................................................

My floor.

Stinky, uncomfortable carpet.

My desk.

Its from 2008 and is so small and REALLY falling apart.

We, about.. eh next month, are changing out our ugly, stinky carpets that came with the house to some nice hardwood. Along with that, we thought, why not, just buy me a new desk due to how blah my current one is.

So we are going to IKEA (~45min drive) about the same time we replace the flooring, and we are going to get some stuff there. Mostly nightstands for our beds, 'cause we were going to get some when we bought our beds about a year or 2 ago until we figured we didnt have enough room and didn't get back to it.

and since its IKEA, I guess we can buy some desks there. I mean flat top desks, with cabnets acting as stands, and not something like my current one with a large overhead gaping up my desk, creating a dark shadow on the monitors and background, causing a little eyestrain.

But thing being - I'm not some desk expert, and I have no idea what I should get.

I really like the desk that is being used in Lew's ultimate setup, though maybe something with a glass top.. or idk, really.

I need room tho, to fit:

A large (piano) keyboard, thats like 4 feet long.

5 Speakers and a quite large surround sound system receiver,

a 23" monitor and a 17.3" laptop

a few misc stuff such as a phone, large tablet, camera, and other stuff like power banks and microphones.

and some personal space to do stuffz on paper etc.

within like a.. 10 ft wall.  Which I think is long enough to fit everything with a littttle space left.. But I don't know which desk, is where it all comes down.

Some cabnets like said for stands would be nice.

So if someone may possibly recommend me a great desk, (if its from ikea then gr8 m8), sleek and modern looking with plenty of room, some cabnets like said, etc. Depth only really has to be like 1.5 feet, 2 is OK, but anything really above 2 leaves little space to put my chair, due to the bed behind me.

Anyway, thanks.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

check out ikea.

He's mentioned Ikea. He's asking for suggestions possibly from Ikea

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

He's mentioned Ikea. He's asking for suggestions possibly from Ikea

their is no other option ikea only. ikea owns the desks. ikea is the desks.....

askdjfasdf

their is no other option ikea only. ikea owns the desks. ikea is the desks.....

Hail Ikea!

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Hail Ikea!

but in all seriousness ikea has the best options for deks nothing compares and i regret not going with ikea.

askdjfasdf

but in all seriousness ikea has the best options for deks nothing compares and i regret not going with ikea.

Rather mind linking a nice desk?

I'm looking at their website at desks and I'm lost lol.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Hail Ikea!

187xrpzqk224gjpg.jpg

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

lemme see what i can getcha

askdjfasdf

you're best off looking for the strongest looking dinner tables from somwhere. 

office depot and staples have some good desks. little pricey but remove the shelving unit ontop its good. like... really good. just beware paint chipping the fact that most of it is fibre board. 

personally? if you see something on the side of the road, look for bugs in it, make sure its enough room, take it. 

ask around from friends too.

if you guyds have a shiton of moeny go to spaceco... they're cool 

http://www.spaceco.com/

they make amazing stands and desks and stuff, just really expensive (not too insane for some of the things) and they call computers CPUs.... x'd 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

187xrpzqk224gjpg.jpg

That gave me a good chuckle lol

here you go bud! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63380-the-easy-option-for-a-computer-desk/ this should help you out a little bit its a link to a forum topic about desks and it has some stuff on ikea this helped me a lot after i had already gotten my non ikea desk! :)

askdjfasdf

I recommend a sit/stand desk if that's what you're looking for. Just let me know (quote this) and I'll send you some links.

They are height adjustable so you can sit and stand at a desk which is AMAZING!!

Hope this helps :D

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

here you go bud! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63380-the-easy-option-for-a-computer-desk/ this should help you out a little bit its a link to a forum topic about desks and it has some stuff on ikea this helped me a lot after i had already gotten my non ikea desk! :)

Ohhh custom desk building lol. That's nice

you're best off looking for the strongest looking dinner tables from somwhere. 

office depot and staples have some good desks. little pricey but remove the shelving unit ontop its good. like... really good. just beware paint chipping the fact that most of it is fibre board. 

personally? if you see something on the side of the road, look for bugs in it, make sure its enough room, take it. 

ask around from friends too.

if you guyds have a shiton of moeny go to spaceco... they're cool 

http://www.spaceco.com/

they make amazing stands and desks and stuff, just really expensive (not too insane for some of the things) and they call computers CPUs.... x'd 

And yeah my current desk is from Office depot... I think I learned my lesson on not to try to scratch my desk long ago. The whole front is almost bare wood..

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

And yeah my current desk is from Office depot... I think I learned my lesson on not to try to scratch my desk long ago. The whole front is almost bare wood..

i think personally its one of the best options you can get i mean whats better than a desk that fits YOUR needs and space requirements thats picked out part my part by YOU? 

askdjfasdf

:D x'D lol 

picking shit up off the side of the road is still very viable. 

http://imgur.com/a/46uS0

got that desk off the side of the road. :o not very good leg-room but i could put an elephant ontop and if it werent for it having spindly legs it would win agians the elephant. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

:D x'D lol 

picking shit up off the side of the road is still very viable. 

http://imgur.com/a/46uS0

got that desk off the side of the road. :o not very good leg-room but i could put an elephant ontop and if it werent for it having spindly legs it would win agians the elephant. 

Here in spring hill we only put old dining room lights on the side of the room. And old TVs. in the poor areas though ofc, Im in the more richer area, and no one ever puts anything out. All I ever do see are old TVs and lights on the side of the road, in less-richer areas though lol..

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Was thinking these 2:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80251141/for tabletop

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10192824/for cabnet stand.

though.. I really want this (the one on the left)

iZMyLR8.jpg

Though I can't seem to find  that one.

Also I forgot I had a stand for my keyboard - which I found in my closet just now lol.

So then I guess I can take off like 3 or 4 feet off the desk, which this desk is ^

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Here in spring hill we only put old dining room lights on the side of the room. And old TVs. in the poor areas though ofc, Im in the more richer area, and no one ever puts anything out. All I ever do see are old TVs and lights on the side of the road, in less-richer areas though lol..

lel.

i live in the hood. i heard a drug deal go on outside my windows last ngiht watching tech talk. x'd 

-Jim Hensen

best solution:

build your own.

you wont regret it if you make it good. 

-Jim Hensen

lel.

i live in the hood. i heard a drug deal go on outside my windows last ngiht watching tech talk. x'd 

huh... thats interesting.

The poor side is really poor and bad of my city.

Though like bordering it is the rich good side where nothing ever happens and is living peacefully. Example: 2 weeks ago a school had to evacuate due to drug and bomb threats on the 'poor' side. Here on my side we are all fine not one thing ever heard lol.

Worst thing I heard here is.. nothing xD

mind if anyone linked that strange twisted nice looking desk sotrage thingy stand i pointed out thats on the left of the pic?

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

huh... thats interesting.

The poor side is really poor and bad of my city.

Though like bordering it is the rich good side where nothing ever happens and is living peacefully. Example: 2 weeks ago a school had to evacuate due to drug and bomb threats on the 'poor' side. Here on my side we are all fine not one thing ever heard lol.

Worst thing I heard here is.. nothing xD

mind if anyone linked that strange twisted nice looking desk sotrage thingy stand i pointed out thats on the left of the pic?

i cant find it oddly enough.

askdjfasdf

I've been trying to find a desk since the start of January with practically no luck myself.

If Ikea offered the Hilver table top in a 60-65"x30" size I'd have bought it immediately (and then stain it to darken it down a bit) but for everything Ikea does offer, I can't find anything else I like the look of that is the right size.

hilver-table-top__0283524_PE420996_S4.JP

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log