What headphone should I choose

12345poopi

Ummmm....velcro...??

A-Swiss-engineer-conjured-up-the-idea-fo

sorry ment to say , velure paddings . bit tired . heads not straight

(⌐■_■) 

Easy brov , just get the HyperX cloud 2 . You cant go wrong with it . unless youre looking to '' Kill The gaming headset '' and get a mod mic and a headphone along with it , i would sugguest a Danish company names AIAIAI . The AIAIAI TMA-1 young guru edition and a antlion mod mic . now young guru is closed back but you simply can not say no to japanese silk padding my friend .

Now true , you want open back but i thing the closed is good also . velure paddigns should make it more open like .

Thanks and stay groovie.

Thanks for the suggestIon but I think I'll get the HD600 or 650

700 is abit too expensive

I have a few more questions haha

1) What do you guys personally want and use

2) How do you think a HD700 will work with an iPhone and how will it perform in games

3) Why is there an apparent stigma against "gaming headsets" are they really that bad....

1) HD 650 is what I use

2) like mr beans said it will be fine on a phone 

3) Yes, the headset market is pretty bad. There are a few exceptions here and there like the HyperX Cloud, but mostly every headset marketed "for gamers" is a big POS.

1) HD 650 is what I use

2) like mr beans said it will be fine on a phone

3) Yes, the headset market is pretty bad. There are a few exceptions here and there like the HyperX Cloud, but mostly every headset marketed "for gamers" is a big POS.

Is the HD 650 a good pair of headphones, heard it has more bass than the 600

Is the hyperXCloud good for music? Like as good as at least the HD598

Is the HD 650 a good pair of headphones, heard it has more bass than the 600

Is the hyperXCloud good for music? Like as good as at least the HD598

HD650 is darker (google 'dark' in context of audio) than the 600. Some people prefer darker sounds for long listening, because high frequencies are a bit fatiguing for long runs. 

'Good' and 'preference' kinda differ. For instance, I can say HD598 is fairly good (not insanely good), but personally I wouldn't use it even if I got it for free. I'd still prefer my older $30 ATH-TAD300 over the HD598 even if they're free and I got to choose one. 

HD650 is darker (google 'dark' in context of audio) than the 600. Some people prefer darker sounds for long listening, because high frequencies are a bit fatiguing for long runs.

'Good' and 'preference' kinda differ. For instance, I can say HD598 is fairly good (not insanely good), but personally I wouldn't use it even if I got it for free. I'd still prefer my older $30 ATH-TAD300 over the HD598 even if they're free and I got to choose one.

Understood but IS the 600 fatiguing?? It's cheaper too which is what I don't get, why am I paying so much for quality control it isn't as if the frequency response curve is that much different anyways? Is there any "benefit" to a HD650 to a HD600

Understood but IS the 600 fatiguing?? It's cheaper too which is what I don't get, why am I paying so much for quality control it isn't as if the frequency response curve is that much different anyways? Is there any "benefit" to a HD650 to a HD600

Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect it's again down to preference

To some ppl a $300 headphones might sound better than a $1000 one

And to others a $1000 one is better

Am I right?

My question in the OP still remains

Which is better (preferred I'd rather say) for gaming?

High bass? Treble?

A flat FR?

I need it to be immersive in a game like Fifa so what kind of FR am I looking for?

Last question! Thanks for all the help guys

Best community in LTT is hands down audiophile community

Believe me when I say this: at this point, any further questions/discussion will have little to no meaning. It's because you're asking something that's next to impossible to explain. I know the sounds of HD600 and HD650. I know they're different. I tried to explain it the best I could, but words always got its limitation.

Think of it this way: if I ask which one is better, Davidoff cool water or Davidoff Silver Shadow? (they're perfume, just google them). People will try their best to explain each one, based on their knowledge, right? Now when I keep asking, so which one is better? Which one is more suitable for me? Which one smells nicer? etc, I will eventually reach the point where people run out of words to describe them any further. This is the point I'm talking about. 

If I absolutely have to choose between the two, I'd go with HD600, but @ShearMe will take HD650 any day of the week. If I'm free to choose whatever I like, I wouldn't go with either one. Not because they're bad, but not exactly suited to what I'm looking for. 

Your best bet is find somewhere or someone that has them, and try it yourself. If you can't do that, then your options are limited. Go with whichever you think is best. Amazon got good return policy, so maybe go with that.

For gaming, I would say that having a bit more bass makes the explosions much more pleasurable, however, if you are playing something like CS:GO, you want a bit more in both (in my opinion) because it keeps the explosions sounding cool, but more treble will help you hear footsteps better. Something that my 535's do extremely well for me is that they let me hear someone planting the bomb on B site from A site on a map like dust 2. You had a question about an external amp/dac, and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with the audioquest dragonfly. It's a tiny little USB DAC/AMP, and it sounds really good, and performs very well for the price. 

The DAC part means that it converts the digital signal to an analog one, which is fairly self explanatory. The amp has an analog volume control (although it's controlled digitally). Amps can change the sound, depending on the amp, but I feel that the dragonfly is very good about being true to the original sound. Something else that amps can do, they can clean up the noise floor a bit, so if you're using IEM's, they will make there be less white noise when there isn't anything playing. (That's what people mean when they say something has a black background.) That's one of the reasons that I love the dragonfly, it's got a quieter noise floor than anything else I own/that came on any of my computers. It also doesn't need any drivers, and works on every OS, even android/IOS, if you can supply it with the power it needs.

For something like fifa, where you aren't listening for specific sounds like someone walking up behind you, you would probably be fine with just about anything that has a "musical" sound. I think you would probably be fine with the HD 650 or 600, your choice. Keep in mind that if you're buying new, some of the Sennheiser line can have tight clamping force at first, so let them break in a bit. 

Based on the FR graph posted on the last page, I think I would prefer the HD650 personally, although as @creatip123 said, I would probably not choose either, but that's just me. I tend to like more bass, and midrange because most of the music I listen to doesn't have a whole lot of treble that would make a headphone like the HD800 really shine. I do listen to classical, but it tends to have more chello than violin, so have more mids and lows really makes stuff like that sound great. If you went with the HD600 or 650, I would pick up a dragonfly, because it fits pretty easily into your budget, and it can handle certain music file types (not really gaming applicable, but if you ever listen to music, it may come in handy) that your motherboard might not be able to do. Plus, if you buy it off amazon, you can return it with no hassle if you find that it doesn't do anything for you on the sound front. 

I agree with the sentiment earlier pointed out about digital 7.1 surround. In my opinion, ESPECIALLY with higher end headphones like we are talking about here, you really don't need anything more than what the game provides. If you look at the cloud 2, for instance, the USB dongle with 7.1 surround sound (virtual) is supposed to be pretty crap, from what I've heard. Either way, the games generally do a very good job of letting you know where things are coming from. I've tried the surround settings on the two sound cards I've had recently, and it just makes things sound incredibly weird to me.

Also, Sennheiser has the name behind them (and I'm NOT saying they're a bad company, I think they are one of the best) but I would recommend looking around before blindly assuming that Sennheiser will have the best sound for you. Sennheiser has a huge name as far as the general public concern, but if you look at more audiophile oriented companies, you will see that they have huge support in forums, and meets, etc. They are definitely worth looking into. BTW, if you do get the HD600/650, Sennheiser has an amazing warranty service. My IE80s broke, so I went online, filled out a form, sent them in, and got a brand new pair back (new box and everything) and didn't have to pay a dime. The only gripe I had with it was that it took a few weeks, and I couldn't find anywhere to get updates about what was going on with them. Oh well, I got back a brand new pair so...

^^^This is why my sig. says what it does...^^^

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Believe me when I say this: at this point, any further questions/discussion will have little to no meaning. It's because you're asking something that's next to impossible to explain. I know the sounds of HD600 and HD650. I know they're different. I tried to explain it the best I could, but words always got its limitation.

Think of it this way: if I ask which one is better, Davidoff cool water or Davidoff Silver Shadow? (they're perfume, just google them). People will try their best to explain each one, based on their knowledge, right? Now when I keep asking, so which one is better? Which one is more suitable for me? Which one smells nicer? etc, I will eventually reach the point where people run out of words to describe them any further. This is the point I'm talking about.

If I absolutely have to choose between the two, I'd go with HD600, but @ShearMe will take HD650 any day of the week. If I'm free to choose whatever I like, I wouldn't go with either one. Not because they're bad, but not exactly suited to what I'm looking for.

Your best bet is find somewhere or someone that has them, and try it yourself. If you can't do that, then your options are limited. Go with whichever you think is best. Amazon got good return policy, so maybe go with that.

Omg your amazing, I see audio in a different way now haha

I'll just get whatever I need, right now I have no benchmark so I'll start with the HD600 and then work my way to what is best for me. I what I learnt is that audio isn't like choosing PC parts where 1 is better than another or has higher FPS/scores etc.

it's about choosing your own experience and shaping what you like best, price shouldn't be a limitation

Learnt a lot from you guys!!! I'll begin to explore more into audio from now. Haha prepare to see me often in the audio section

Omg your amazing, I see audio in a different way now haha

I'll just get whatever I need, right now I have no benchmark so I'll start with the HD600 and then work my way to what is best for me. I what I learnt is that audio isn't like choosing PC parts where 1 is better than another or has higher FPS/scores etc.

it's about choosing your own experience and shaping what you like best, price shouldn't be a limitation

Learnt a lot from you guys!!! I'll begin to explore more into audio from now. Haha prepare to see me often in the audio section

Yes, you got the gist of it. It's because we're talking about individual perceptions.

Unlike something like processors or GPUs, with their respective numbers. 3 trillion polygons/sec or 5 trillion flops/sec, those number say something about their performance. 

Perceptions however, depends on how an individual perceive things. Of course there are general values/statistic of how people will judge things. Perfumes smell good, while dog poo smells bad, for example. But the further you dig inside, the more specific your preference is. 

The 650 is more expensive than the 600 because it's positioned as a more high end headphone. These came out before the 700 and 800, so they used to be the top of the line for their times. 600 has a few more expensive materials which also ups the cost. Now a days only the differences in frequency response really matter.

For gaming, the popular preference is leaning towards having more bass, so I would suggest the 650 for someone who doesn't know better. If you really want to spend as little as possible, might as well grab an HD518. It would also let you know if you like Sennheiser in general, and can point you in the right direction for future updates.

The 598 is not really worth it, as the 558 is the same with the foam mod. The 558 is only mildly more neutral than the 518, so it's also not worth unless you know you want neutrality. Is the HyperX cloud better than the 518? I'd say no, but not necessarily worse either. They are priced similarly, but one is open and the other closed, which is the attribute I would look at for the deciding factor.