Help!!! monitor not getting signal..

deathfinder06
 My grandmothers pc is not getting a signal to the monitor. I thought the onboard video went out so I slap in a video card and still no signal. the monitor is on the right signal source and also tried a second monitor still same problem.both monitors work fine on my rig

Using any adapters?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I tried the vga and the digital both had same results .. had to use an adapter for the digital.

have you tried using a different cable? the interface connectors could be the point of failure. either that, or the input interface of the monitor could be broken.

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

He said the displays work on his rig.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yep even tried new cable on each monitor.. only thing I can think of to do is to replace the mobo.

Try pulling the ram and putting it back in. Sounds strange but it happened to me once. (obviously make sure it isn't plugged in when you do this) But sometimes the memory can mess things up.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Thanks a lot Joey that did the trick!!!!!!!!!  would have never thought to do that. And thanks for everybody else help.