Planning on New Build for the year 2013

sze_nian

Hello there, I'm New here.

So this is what i plan to do. My PC is just normally for some gaming and future might be using a little of AutoCAD? Maybe? since I'm still a student now.

Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV Gene **

Processor : Intel i7-3820 **

Graphic : Leadtek GTX670

Casing : Corsair Obsidian 650D

CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i H100

PSU : Corsair AX760 AX760i AX750

RAM : Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 16GB (4 x4GB) Kit RED

Fans : Corsair SP 120 Performance Edition AF120 High perfomance ----

SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB , Please recommend me some cheap and good SSD for putting games.Corsair maybe?

HDD : WD 1TB Caviar Black

Monitor : Dell U2913 WM Monitor

** The board i choose is due to not long ago my country (Malaysia), Asus having a promotion of discount 600MYR(Approximate 200USD) for a bundle of R4G + HD7850DCTOP. The graphic i sold because of want to step up for the latest GPU. Meanwhile the CPU, i didnt do much editing stuff but AutoCAD should perform good enough on it? I think..... **

- SSD for gaming i think is optional right? since i'm having a WD Caviar Black. If the price of SSD drops, might change my mind.

- Power Supply Unit, any recommendation please? which i should use n is good enough.

- For GPU, i totally had no idea. Leadtek GTX670 at here cost around 1.2k MYR(something like 400USD), if i ship EVGA GTX680 SC+ w/backplate from NewEgg cost me about 1.6k MYR(535 USD). So i want some advice on this. For now, I'm just planning to only use this on a single 29inch monitor for gaming. And also wish to have a GPU that still can let me play games nicely for the future 5 years will good settings.

I'm not rich enough, but still wish to can complete this build. So i posted at here wish to have some help and advice on my build. In my country, technology stuff is expensive, it makes me headache when i preparing this build. =.=

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

If you are mainly gaming then a lot of your parts are chosen wrong.

Go with a 3570K, which should drop the cost of your motherboard and CPU greatly. Go with a GTX 670, 7950, or 7970; GTX 680 doesn't have great price to performance ratio. The SSD doesn't have to be Corsair, you aren't going to notice a real word difference between that and a much cheaper SSD. I don't know prices where you are but these are all top SSDs;

Any second-gen SandForce SSDs with Toggle NAND (Mushkin Chronos Deluxe, Patriot Wildfire, OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS, OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G, Corsair Force GS), Samsung 830, Plextor M3 Pro, OCZ Vertex 4, OCZ Vector, Samsung 840 Pro, Corsair Neutron GTX, Samsung 840, Plextor M3.

As Helltech said, that isn't an ideal system for gaming. You'll be better off spending something like $1800US on the following:

3570K or AMD 8350

ASRock Pro 3 Z77 or equivalent

H80i or D14

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Intel 330 or Samsung 830

Corsair Vengance 8GB Low Profile

MSI GTX670 PE or Asus CUII 670

Silverstone Strider Plus 600w

Corsair 600t, C70 ect

If you wanted to push that a little further, go to an Asus P8Z77 board with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD. Anything much more than that system is a bit of a waste of money in terms of good performance for gaming, especially if you're on a tight budget.

Thanks Helltech and windspeed36.

If my board got buyer, i will probably sell it n get some bucks in hand. Then change board

GPU wise, does a Asus DCIITOP GTX670 and a Leadtek Reference GTX670 makes different? cause the pricing of a Leadtek GTX680 is almost the same as a Asus GTX670 DCIITOP at here.

Processor, hmmmm. 3570K not bad. does Asus Sabertooth is a great choice? Sabertooth Z77. I like the clean looking, just the sound chip different from ROG Supreme FX right? but can put in an Asus Soundcard =)

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

As I've said in many other threads, the Sabertooth is a bit of a waste of money. It's got some good features, especially with its power delivery to the CPU however the fans supplied with it are noisey and the thermal armour, while it works is just a marketing gimmick. You can get better features for less on their P8Z77 boards.

i say you replace that saber-tooth with some R.O.G board or something with an equivalent on the gigabyte side because saber-tooth feels like a little bit of a waste

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Ok! Got it. Thanks. But how about the gpu? Cause at here a asus dciitop gtx670 pricing is almost like a leadtek gtx680. So would like to know does the gpu performance of an asus top different with reference or not. =)

My 2013 First Build