Dell UltraSharp U2515H

oliver2311

Hello, I'm concidering buying the Dell Ultrasharp U2515H, since it seems like pretty decent value for the money. I mainly use my pc for gaming and my current monitor is the 24" BenQ with 144hz. 

The Dell UltraSharp U2515H is a 25" 2560x1440 60hz IPS. But the thing im concerned about is the responce time of 6ms. Is it something that will effect my gaming experience going from a 1ms 144hz monitor to a 60hz 6ms monitor?

I mostly play FPS shooters and League of Legends.

My specs:

GTX 970

i5 2500K

1000W Fractal thingy

240GB kingston SSD

500Gb Wester digital with sum color

Hello, I'm concidering buying the Dell Ultrasharp U2515H, since it seems like pretty decent value for the money. I mainly use my pc for gaming and my current monitor is the 24" BenQ with 144hz.

The Dell UltraSharp U2515H is a 25" 2560x1440 60hz IPS. But the thing im concerned about is the responce time of 6ms. Is it something that will effect my gaming experience going from a 1ms 144hz monitor to a 60hz 6ms monitor?

I mostly play FPS shooters and League of Legends.

My specs:

GTX 970

i5 2500K

1000W Fractal thingy

240GB kingston SSD

500Gb Wester digital with sum color

You may wish to read this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Courtesy of @Glenwing.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I have the Benq GW2765 and I love it. Its got a 1440p 27 inch with a response time of 4ms

I have the Benq GW2765 and I love it. Its got a 1440p 27 inch with a response time of 4ms

You mean the BenQ GW2765HT?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2715h.htm

U2715H is pretty good for 1440p lag wise.

Benq GW2765HT is slower. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2765ht.htm

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'm surprised with such a username you you don't don't say say every every word word twice twice. :P LOL

@ZetZet

I'm surprised with such a username you you don't don't say say every every word word twice twice. :P LOL

@ZetZet

Zet is taken most of the time. That is the reason.  B)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It will be a huge difference in fps games, since you're used to 144hz/1ms. Also, there is going to be a huge difference in the image quality too. There are pros and cons. 
For slower paced games, the Dell is going to be great, but in fps games you can't beat the 144hz refresh rate :)

Zet is taken most of the time. That is the reason.  B)

I see, you could've done "The Zetonator". B)

I see, you could've done "The Zetonator". B)

>.>  :lol:

Spoiler

>.>  :lol:

I'm guessing you hate that suggestion or like it?

Dell have really great overall response times when everything is added together.

I too am really interested in this monitor. Great resolution for the size, looking good and a very competetive pricepoint here in Europe, I can get one for 300 euro! 
I would buy it to help with the wait for a nice 1440p ips g-sync or freesync monitor, whatever turns out to be the best. Then I can enjoy nice crisp 1440p gaming while watching the battle unfold between AMD and Nvidia, without wanting to jump on every decent monitor that comes out first :P