Good Cheap 2560x1440 Monitor

Hey guys, I am looking for a nice cheap 2560x1440 display.

Size? Dont care.

Something prefrebly ips, and upgradable (surround)

I will be gaming and light editing. Not doing any 3d though.

What about 1080p whats the best in that category?

Thanks a lot! :)

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

What is your budget mate?!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

What is your budget mate?!

I am pretty flexible, but nothing SUPER high end. Just as long as the performance to price ratio isnt CRAZY. I should be fine

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

The Dell U2713HM is a direct competitor to the Asus one above. Some say it has better color accuracy. Dell's online store has it on sale for $549 (in Canada) but today's the last day. I just picked one up my self.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=225-4015&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

The Dell U2713HM is a direct competitor to the Asus one above. Some say it has better color accuracy. Dell's online store has it on sale for $549 (in Canada) but today's the last day. I just picked one up my self.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=225-4015&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

Wow that's a great deal! When i looked up prices (Belgium), the dell one was like €100 more than the asus.

I would go with dell if it's the same price.

honestly if you really want bang for buck. Google the ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite.  It is literally an Apple Cinema Display that apple has rejected and housed in a generic casing. Most reviews I've seen has had any problems with it. For the price it's almost worth the shot.

One Among the Fence

I have the u2713HM and it is really nice. I love the 1440p resolution. I have it set as a side monitor for twitch, TV shows, and anime viewing. I have yet to use it as a main monitor and trying out dota.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Just got my PB278Q from here for little over £415, great monitor: http://www.waeplus.co.uk/item/230989/PB278Q---LED-monitor-with-Full-HD---27%22

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

You can always get the Qnix or X-Star 27" PLS monitors, and overclock it to 120 hz. Only $300. I heard good things about buying it from dream-seller on ebay.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

+1 On the Dell U2713HM, I love mine! And the stand is amazing, you wont notice you miss a good stand until you've had one. Also the usb 3.0 hub comes in handy as well.

Ive seen one of the cheaper eBay 1440p monitors as well, a friend has one. They seem to be decent and look nice, but they almost always have a glossy screen which sometimes can be a killer.

i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz EK watercooled || SLI GTX680 EK watercooled || MSI Z77A-GD65 || 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP || Crusial M4 128GB SSD || 1TB WD Green || Silverstone TJ07 || Corsair AX750 || Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM || Beyerdynamic DT 990 250Ω || Asus Xonar Essence STX || Logitech Z906 || QPad Mk80 || SteelSeries Sensei || 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator

I have a ASUS PB278Q and a DELL 2410 (1920 x 1200 purchased first). Both are excellent monitors.

I perhaps would have gone for the DELL U2713 but in Australia it was $100 - $200 more expensive than the ASUS.

Dell stands are built like tanks and are very functional as opposed to the ASUS. I disliked it so much I have mounted mine on the wall.

The monitor itself though, so good I am buying another one tomorrow.

Everything else looks fuzzy after using such a high res, text is crisp, games look wicked, great contrast and colour and no discernible light bleed. for the price it's hard to pass this one up. Highly recommended.