Apple planning Apple Pay expansion into Canada as soon as March

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2015/01/09/apple-planning-apple-pay-expansion-into-canada-as-soon-as-march/

Partners are currently in negotiations with Apple regarding the launch on March in Canda

Apple Pay is expanding really fast given that it only launched 3 months ago. Right now it support 90% of Banks in US and job listings have appeared seeking individuals to roll out the service in Europe, Middle East, India and Asia. 

Kudos Apple

/Wow. What about Google Wallet?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ahh yea, time to get an iPhone....

Watch them charge an extra 20cents in Canada.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

/Wow. What about Google Wallet?

Google wallet will automatically appear when Apple Pay launches. Google's right piggy-back riding on Apple. But they still have to strike deals with Banks so yeaah

Sweet, Apple Pay is quickly become the GW that people actually use... For the first time ever, I've seen people start using an alternative payment system, even in Vermont :o

Just need an iPhone 6 now ;)

Ahh yea, time to get an iPhone....

Watch them charge an extra 20cents in Canada.

Apple Pay charges absolutely nothing to merchants, individuals or credit card companies. I believe it gets its money through bank agreements. It's a winning policy, so I don't see them starting to take royalties in CA.

Google wallet will automatically appear when Apple Pay launches. Google's right piggy-back riding on Apple

actually it won't, the region restriction on Apple Pay is because of participating banks and credit companies. Apple Pay works in Canada if you use an American credit card. Google Wallet only benefits from NFC payment terminals being installed. For Google Wallet to show up in Canada Google would have to make deals with Canadian banks and credit companies

Apple Pay charges absolutely nothing to merchants, individuals or credit card companies. I believe it gets its money through bank agreements. It's a winning policy, so I don't see them starting to take royalties in CA.

It's a joke, cause apples $.99 in The USA is now $1.20 in Canada. For legit event reasons as the dollars are different but somehow I don't see them reverting back after the dollars eventually balance out, which they will after the stupid oil BS is over.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

It's a joke, cause apples $.99 in The USA is now $1.20 in Canada. For legit event reasons as the dollars are different but somehow I don't see them reverting back after the dollars eventually balance out, which they will after the stupid oil BS is over.

Hah...

Do you mean apples from the US, or just apples in general? (Getting specific, I know...)

Hah...

Do you mean apples from the US, or just apples in general? (Getting specific, I know...)

I guess it could be both, anywhere Apple charges $.99 for songs or apps. Lol, I hate typing on my iPad.
Spoiler

Google Wallet will continue to stagnate since Google doesn't give a shit in making relations with banks up here. Apple is bullish, if they want it in March they're probably sitting down with the big players right now working out a deal(s) that will allow people to add their cars to their phones. 

The timing also makes sense. Apple Watch, new Macbook Airs; March event seems primed for those products and Apple never skimps on offering up a software update or two either. 

I'm being optimistic. Google Wallet (and any other mobile payment system in Canada) is either DOA due to negligence or restricted to certain phones from certain carriers. Apple Pay is the one thing that doesn't care what your bank is or what network you're on (the important one, as Rogers likes to lock people in this way). Sure, its iOS only, but thats a fuck ton of products to have it for and if it means widespread adoption of mobile payments, I'm all for it. 

Canada is already so NFC equipped its maddening that we didn't get it to start with.