Laptop wifi card with m.2 slot?

ProjectX01

so i have a z97 pro wifi. and i see there is a m.2 slot. and i have an old laptop with the wifi adpter+bluetooth. i wanna use bluetooth/wifi chip from it. can i use the m.2 slot on my mobo from the old laptop? i havent tried fitting it in as i havent opened the laptop.yet.

The reason the two look similar is that the mini-pci slot is similar to the M.2, but I am not sure 1) they're bios/controller compatible, or 2) they're physically compatible. There have been "M.2" looking slots for a long time, basically just tied in off the PCI or PCIE bus, but until recently no bios supported booting from them (not sure whether it was chipset or bios compatability). I doubt you're going to fry it, but you'll have to get the mini antenna adapters etc... 

http://www.machinaelectronics.com/blog/a-guide-to-mini-pci-laptop-wireless-cards/

ok. thanks guys. i've been researching on it. seems it really aint possible except if i buy a PCIe adapter

Yeah, I would just get a cheap wireless card, much easier than adapting the tiny antenna cables that you'd need to install as well... For the price of those antennas you can buy a whole card.