Sapphire or Gigabyte?

Bradles59

I am in the process of buying a graphics card for my new PC build. I was looking at getting a 7950 but I did not know which one to get. At my local PC store I am able to get the Gigabyte 7950 non OC and the Sapphire OC. I have been looking around on the internet trying to find reviews but cant seem to find many on the gigabyte card. I am looking for a card that will be quiet and still powerful. Just wondering what other people think I should get.

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Specifically not sure, but I have always been very happy with both brands. Overall though, if I had to choose, I would go with Sapphire.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

+1 for Sapphire.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

i've had 2 sapphire cards and loved both of them 1+ for sapphire

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

They're both great brands. As I hope many people would agree, go for whichever has a better price tag! It's very difficult to compare service quality between brands as it's a very unstable subject, and from that you can't always rely on a few forum posts to gather solid evidence. Read a few reviews and base your decision from there. :)

If that is the only two option you can have. I would go with the Sapphire OC since you will get more performance out of it compare to the Gigabyte one without any OC.

Sapphire is awesome ....have their cards but never had a problem!!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Thanks For all the feedback. I might go with the sapphire considering that is is a little bit cheaper than the gigabyte and lots of reviews say that it is an awesome card.

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Gonna give a +1 for Gigabyte since i have one and the cooling is awesome, and it overclocks like a beast, i was playing around and got it to 1150/1550 @ 1.12v i didnt even have to try it just worked, im sure i could get to to over 1200Mhz if i really wanted and even at those temps the fans are at 47% and the card only goes to 62c

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

I have a Gigabyte 7970 OC (same physical appearance as the 7950). I will say this: the Sapphire definitely looks better, but in terms of performance, the Gigabyte is just as good.

Go with whichever is cheaper. Remember, there are two types of Gigabyte model; the OC and the GHz. GHz edition is superior to OC, has a clock of 1100 and is most expensive. OC has a clock of 1000 and is least expensive. Sapphire OC edition w/ boost is clocked the same as the Gigabyte OC and is slightly more expensive (generally).

If that is the only two option you can have. I would go with the Sapphire OC since you will get more performance out of it compare to the Gigabyte one without any OC.

The Gigabyte is OC and GHz (GHz edition > OC edition)

Seen a lot of good reviews from Sapphire.

The Gigabyte runs much cooler than the Sapphire, but the Sapphire LOOKs cooler. I do have both brands of the 7870 variety.

Pick your flavor, the only real differences are, color of the PCB, the heatsink, # of fans and fan design.

However; you shouldn't buy based on looks, unless you are running it in a test bench. If you're stuck between two of the same cards, from two different companies, just take into account noise, heat production or the color of PCB to try to match your motherboard.

I would choose Gigabyte for motherboards only :P

I would go with Sapphire for GPUs :D

+1 for sapphire ;)

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

gigabyte is horrible at anything other than motherboards... so +1 to sapphire

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

+1 for gygabyte, i don't have one now but i had 2 gigabyte older cards GF 5500fx lasted 6, and a HD 4670 is still alive in my old system, so i do not trust any brand with GPU-s but gigabyte , right now i am trying out Gainward, so far it is good but it is only 2 months old so nothing significant. Gigabyte, MSI, and Asus are the big 3 for both AMD and NV, sapphire is nice but my friend had some mid range sapphire radeon hd 3000 and it died after 2 years, and my brother had an older gigabyte GF 7600 with a passive heatsink and it died after 4 years, so.... i would recommend gigabyte over any other brand any day, and the only reason i don't have it right now i could not find a 670 (with a normal price) in my country at given time

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)