Heaven Society - Week 21 (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)

since people were saying so many good things about it i decided to watch it, didn't expect anything from a show like this. I got to say.. not bad, not bad. Was better then i expected, enjoyable, very low amount of bullshit and the mc is definitely refreshing.

Although i didn't care all that much for the over-dramatic (late middle - early end) bit.

-snip-

Although i didn't care all that much for the over-dramatic (late middle - early end) bit.

You just met the owner of the car that run you over and the owner of the dog that got saved by having you get run over... How can there not be any drama?

You just met the owner of the car that run you over and the owner of the dog that got saved by having you get run over... How can there not be any drama?

:P. exactly what made this show refreshing was some of the blunt characters. Why should he care? he jumped infont of the car and got hit because the driver was't paying enough attention, she was just sitting there as a passenger, he shouldn't care, but she might feel abit awkward. So he should just tell her.. it's ok, i don't care, you couldn't possibly take any blame for this.

i didn't necessarily say there should be no drama, i just found it to be abit too much

but nooo, he doesn't, he has this strange unrealistic over glorified, borderline non human image of her and doesn't feel like it's necessary, in fact probably quite the oposite, he doesn't want to ruin that perfect image, so he starts acting like abit of a douche, and then and then, details details details, it's abit too fiddly. So they just end up not talking to each other, beating around the bush  and making such a big deal out of something of little importance. Things start to get more complicated when you get to know people, but i don't like that mellow dramatic "don't care to step up and sort it out so everything just gets wierd" atmosphere, it is something that is recurring in anime and usually abit exaggerated.

i didn't necessarily say there should be no drama, i just found it to be abit too much

:P. exactly what made this show refreshing was some of the blunt characters. Why should he care? he jumped infont of the car and got hit because the driver was't paying enough attention, she was just sitting there as a passenger, he shouldn't care, but she might feel abit awkward. So he should just tell her.. it's ok, i don't care, you couldn't possibly take any blame for this.

but nooo, he doesn't, he has this strange unrealistic over glorified, borderline non human image of her and doesn't feel like it's necessary, in fact probably quite the oposite, he doesn't want to ruin that perfect image, so he starts acting like abit of a douche, and then and then, details details details, it's abit too fiddly. So they just end up not talking to each other, beating around the bush  and making such a big deal out of something of little importance. Things start to get more complicated when you get to know people, but i don't like that mellow dramatic "don't care to step up and sort it out so everything just gets wierd" atmosphere, it is something that is recurring in anime and usually abit exaggerated.

I didn't feel that from Hikki at all... If anything, it's (all) the characters' awkwardness that led to the spiral of drama that happened near the end...

I've seen this show a couple of months back, I did like it. Hachiman is a good character, fairly high on my list of MCs, but I did feel like he got less and less authentic as the show went on. I would say this show is a 7/10, but a season 2 has the potential to reach 9/10 territory, with more depth to the relations between characters. As season 1 ended, I still felt all the characters were barely acquaintances. You may say, 'well that's the point', but there should have been at least one or two at least implied deeper character development hooks.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I've seen this show a couple of months back, I did like it. Hachiman is a good character, fairly high on my list of MCs, but I did feel like he got less and less authentic as the show went on. I would say this show is a 7/10, but a season 2 has the potential to reach 9/10 territory, with more depth to the relations between characters. As season 1 ended, I still felt all the characters were barely acquaintances. You may say, 'well that's the point', but there should have been at least one or two at least implied deeper character development hooks.

i disagree and agree at the same time. Either way, it could make for a good second season. But they have to be careful and do it with moderation, the last thing i would want is the classical all "mellow drama" because things just got more complicated and weird, which is what they usually if not always do as the show progresses, a recurring theme that i get abit tired of sometimes :/

Kinda feel like that scenario has already run it's course with the car accident though, so it has kinda done it in one package as opposed to revisiting that in a second season.

different people see things from different perspectives i guess :P they may be awkward but it's usually in the way that they are too blunt or forward, making longer conversations difficult. Not in the sense of being unable to talk or deal with emotions. Although admittedly i don't think we got to seem them in many settings like that before this incident. 

I didn't feel that from Hikki at all... If anything, it's (all) the characters' awkwardness that led to the spiral of drama that happened near the end...

Second season confirmed for spring season of next year: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1290073

Interestingly, they've changed the animation studio, director, character designer and almost everything now. So I'm expecting very little.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Second season confirmed for spring season of next year: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1290073

Interestingly, they've changed the animation studio, director, character designer and almost everything now. So I'm expecting very little.

I just hope that they keep the animation consistent between seasons...

I just hope that they keep the animation consistent between seasons...

ggwp, you can really notice the difference if they changed staff. i was beginning to wonder why was it so short.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on episode 6 at the moment and I don't know why but this series is kinda making me feel depressed.... lol...

What happened to the picture!? he is milk white and his hair is 90% Black! D:

Did you play with the saturation agaiin !!!??
He should look more like this!

Oreki has never committed any crimes. So he shouldn't be wearing that...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm on episode 6 at the moment and I don't know why but this series is kinda making me feel depressed....

Only on episode 6? What a noob... im a few weeks behind in the anime club winner s myself lol

Only on episode 6? What a noob... im a few weeks behind in the anime club winner s myself lol

Yo I don't have as much free time as I use to. When you see me doing a build log for a new rig sometime next year that'll probably be when I've got myself back on track with playing the numbers game for money.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yo I don't have as much free time as I use to. When you see me doing a build log for a new rig sometime next year that'll probably be when I've got myself back on track with playing the numbers game for money.

I have not even used my desktop in a week. It feels wrong to have 1500$ of computer sitting unused lol

I have not even used my desktop in a week. It feels wrong to have 1500$ of computer sitting unused lol

Well then... get cracking. Fire that PC up and do mass torrenting. 

You don't know how much I k of this feel. Wait actually you of all people on the forum probably do...

You at least just are not at home to use is vs my predicament.

Well then... get cracking. Fire that PC up and do mass torrenting.

He refuses and isn't at home to do it.

I stopped torrenting around 2010 maybe before then

Well uhhh.... I don't know then. Basic maintenance? Defrag that shit? 

Well uhhh.... I don't know then. Basic maintenance? Defrag that shit?

I dont think I want to work my hard drive that hard... its an older 1tb wd green lol waiting for its death

I dont think I want to work my hard drive that hard... its an older 1tb wd green lol waiting for its death

Well that's depressing to hear... 

I stopped torrenting around 2010 maybe before then

Which is why ive been doing it for you.

Your also using it as your OS drive which just pains me to think about.

Which is why ive been doing it for you.

Your also using it as your OS drive which just pains me to think about.

pains me with load times more then it pains you lol

pains me with load times more then it pains you lol

Well maybe someday youll get an ssd.

Well maybe someday youll get an ssd.

at some point I will just waiting for them to be a price that I can get a drive that is more then just a boot drive for cheap

at some point I will just waiting for them to be a price that I can get a drive that is more then just a boot drive for cheap

I don't think i could live a life of not spending money on whatever i want and look at "cheaper" options....

KL7Zud4.jpg  lQekQNu.gifdtJg2jm.jpg<- Me in a nutshell