AMD EyeFinity without DisplayPort?

Kaffefilter5

Hi, I was wondering if anyone know about u can set up 3-monitor eyefinity without using a DisplayPort monitor? YES, I know Linus made a video about this, but that video is pretty old. Btw, the graphics card is Sapphire Radeon HD 7970. (2xDVI,1xHDMI and 1xDP)

i would just by 2 mini display ports to DVi ADapter

post-1271-13667861242777_thumb.png

i would just by 2 mini display ports to DVi ADapter
yes, but do u know if it will work? eyefinity used to require at least 1 monitor with displayport without any adapters.

You need a Display to DVI active adapter for at least one monitor. It must be an Active adapter. A passive one will not work. For what ever reason you can only run 2 out of the 3 DVI and HDMI ports. So if you want to run eyefinity you have to use a displayport. I have a triple monitor set running on my work computer which has a Sapphire Radeon 5870 Toxic. Im about 95% sure that the new 7xxx series cards still have the same limitation. And skip the HDMI if you can it can cause problems in eyefinity.

You need a Display to DVI active adapter for at least one monitor. It must be an Active adapter. A passive one will not work. For what ever reason you can only run 2 out of the 3 DVI and HDMI ports. So if you want to run eyefinity you have to use a displayport. I have a triple monitor set running on my work computer which has a Sapphire Radeon 5870 Toxic. Im about 95% sure that the new 7xxx series cards still have the same limitation. And skip the HDMI if you can it can cause problems in eyefinity.

okay, thank you very much:) I think sapphire made something they call flex technology and u don't need a DP screen, but maybe u still need an active adapter. Btw what adapter are u using? :)

[h=1]SAPPHIRE 100924 Active DisplayPort Adapter[/h]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999030

thanks, u don't need usb for that one, right?

okay, also does it matter if the cable is DVI-I or DVI-D? Sorry for asking so many questions, but u are really helping me out:)

what you can also cheack out, is the Sapphire FLEX line. it has an active DP to DVI converter on the card ;)

http://www.sapphiretech.com/Flex/FleX_Eng_apply.html

edit: not needed. you allready have a gpu.

Follow Gmac'sinstructions. active adapters will work.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

what you can also cheack out, is the Sapphire FLEX line. it has an active DP to DVI converter on the card ;)

http://www.sapphiretech.com/Flex/FleX_Eng_apply.html

edit: not needed. you allready have a gpu.

Follow Gmac'sinstructions. active adapters will work.

thank you:)

yeah, I think u can use any DVI unless u want 4k res. But thank you for help:)

About 96% of AMD's video cards require at least one monitor to be connected through via display port or mini display port. However, Sapphire has got a couple of Flex GPU's that does not require a display port monitor. Those adapters are a hit and miss meaning that it's not a guarantee that it will work, I've tried multiple adapters and all of them had at least one issue that caused me to not use them. I've never understood why AMD decided to require display port to be one of the connectors to the monitors for Eyefinity. I've found this really frustrating and I would recommend a Dell Ultra-sharp monitor and call it good. ;)

About 96% of AMD's video cards require at least one monitor to be connected through via display port or mini display port. However, Sapphire has got a couple of Flex GPU's that does not require a display port monitor. Those adapters are a hit and miss meaning that it's not a guarantee that it will work, I've tried multiple adapters and all of them had at least one issue that caused me to not use them. I've never understood why AMD decided to require display port to be one of the connectors to the monitors for Eyefinity. I've found this really frustrating and I would recommend a Dell Ultra-sharp monitor and call it good. ;)
okay, what GPU are u using + what adapter? Thanks for your help:)