Dell 2312HM or LG IPS237L-BN

rahulr1

I have just built my new PC and am currently used a monitor which shames my 7970, it is 4:3 1280x1024. I play a lot of game so responsiveness matters to me but unfortunately I don't have the money for a 120hz monitor that said though I will never go TN. From what I've heard the Dell is well know for great colours and although the LG seems to be under the radar some test show that image quality is rivalling the Dell. Another pro for the LG is that is has the same design as the Asus Designo series but it is cheaper than them, this means the bezel is minimal. If there are any other good suggestions please tell me. Don't worry though I don't need XL2420T responsiveness I just want responsiveness that is comfortable for gaming, the key word being comfortable not satisfactory. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | Graphics Card: PowerColor 7970 V3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 | PSU: XFX Core Series 550W Black Edition | Case: Corsair 200r | Monitors: LG 23EA63V 23" 1920x1080 IPS 60Hz + Lenovo L1700pC 17" 1280x1024 75Hz

The LG, whilst seems quite good, I myself much prefer Dell monitors, one of the main selling points for me with Dell monitors is the OSD or On Screen Display. In my opinion Dell have the best OSD. But I realise you wouldn't by a display for the OSD.

As far as display quality goes LG do a reasonable job but Dell, from the many positive reviews on Dell IPS monitors I have read, though not through personal experience, seem to be the best. I myself am thinking of getting the Dell S2440L, whilst this is not an IPS display but a VA display the many great reviews suggest it to be a great monitor. However I wouldn't recommend this display to you for gaming as its responsiveness isn't the best.

As far as the U2312HM goes some people have reported that the AG coating is quite aggressive and makes light colours, especially whites, appear grainy and not pure. Now for me I wouldn't be put off by this because the many people that have bought this monitor rave quite a bit about it.

Just as a extra suggestion, and I realise you want a responsive monitor, but if it were me I'd actually go for the U2412M because it has much better black levels and better colour accuracy. I hope that this helps you in some way.

Happy monitor shopping :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Thanks for the advice, my one concern is that in th UK the 24 inch model is £50 more expensive which is around $70ish and I am on a fairly strict budget of £150

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | Graphics Card: PowerColor 7970 V3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 | PSU: XFX Core Series 550W Black Edition | Case: Corsair 200r | Monitors: LG 23EA63V 23" 1920x1080 IPS 60Hz + Lenovo L1700pC 17" 1280x1024 75Hz

Erm, you could rob a bank for the extra £50....nooo, that'll put you in gaol. Buy a lottery ticket and hope you win exactly £50. Hmm that's probably not likely. Hmmmm you cold always wait a bit longer....because it will be worth it.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

U2312HM seems to be a better choice for me. Better stand with full adjustment(tilt, swivel,height and rotate). More input option( DVI, D-sub and Displayport but no HDMI which is fine for me XD). Also it has an integrated USB hub (4 port, 2 on the back, 2 on the side). Some people might have problem with this monitor AG coating but is seems to be lighter than U2410 and U2711. For gaming, U2312HM is one of the most responsive IPS monitor out there. Very low input lag (According to tftcentral, just 0.6 ms  :D )

For more information, you can check out these in depth reviews. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm and http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2011/review-dell-u2312hm.html#Introduction

I love my U2312HM. Warranty, packaging, an build quality are great. The stand is fantastic also. Only problem is now I want to upgrade to the U3014.....

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]