Best Cheap Water Cooler ?

Benjio

My computer:

A10-5800k (with stock cooler)

MSI FM2-A75MA-E35

Cooler Master Elite 430 Case

Apevia ATX-CB700W PSU

As you probably know, the stock heatsink/fan is pretty crap. My APU idles at around 50 Celsius, and gets into the 80s fairly easily when playing TF2. I don't really want a air cooler because I have a windowed case and I enjoy making my computer look as nice as possible. I will also probably overclock my APU a little, so a little extra cooling would be nice. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on a liquid cooler, probably around $60 USD or less. I probably don't have too many options but I've been looking at Corsair's H50 and H60. So what I want to know is if the H60 is much better and worth the extra $10 or is there another competitively priced water cooler that is a better value than the H50 or H60. Remember I don't really want to spend any more than $75 if I don't have to, and I'd prefer to keep it around $60 or less. Another question is will most water coolers fit on an FM2 board even if they don't indicate that they do on Newegg? Thanks for any input on this, I appreciate it :)

Yes, +1 for the H60. I personally wouldn't recommend a water cooler for a basic setup like yours as air coolers at the same price can often outperform them. However, as aesthetics play a major part, the H60 is a good option.

Please note that a watercooler will have worse performance than an aircooler. Prebuilt water coolers that are small are pretty overpriced. So as long as you are aware of that, get any of them honestly. Size to size, they all preform nearly the same.

^^ +1 - Maybe look around a bit more for a "nice" air cooler and you will probably get better performance then an H60.... Panteks, Noctua, etc.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I understand that air coolers are better/cheaper, but I think even a H60 would have more cooling power than I'll need, and I have pretty much everything colored black inside my case, and I have LEDs on my RAM. I'd much rather have a small black pump and radiator than a huge shiny metal heat-sink (which would probably also cover my RAM) and fan so I am willing to pay the extra money for a water cooler. Thanks for the input though, I think I'll probably go with the H60.

I would suggest you invest in a better, after market fan with good static preasure rating to help optimize the H60 cooling potential.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Any suggestions on fans? And please don't suggest Noctua, those things are damn ugly, sorry Linus.

Hey check out the thermaltake water 2.0 performer. If I am not mistaken it out performs the h100 or is really close and newegg sells it for $30 every once in awhile. Keeps all of my stuff nice and cool. As for fans you can get the gentle typhoons, they are supposed to be pretty quiet and work very well.

i have corsair sp120's and i like them, they are not the silence version though.

TTL recomended the quiet version, might be good for you

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I myself wanted a watercooler like H60 or H70, but then I thought... I dont need a watercooler, I dont overclock or anything, so I picked an air-cooler - Gelid GX-7 and replaced the stock fan with two Corsair SP120s Performance Edition in push/pull and even then the cooler doesnt even reach my RAM modules, so its safe to use even with high-profile RAMs :)

i have corsair sp120's and i like them, they are not the silence version though.

I cannot live with the Sp120's They are WAAAY too loud for me.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Are those the fans that come with the h100? My friend still uses those on his and they drive me nuts. lol

Alright, I suppose I could l probably live with the Gelid Gx-7 or the Cooler Master V6 GT. How would these compare with the Corsair H60 though?

They use a variant of them on the H100i for sure. I'm not sure about the H100.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Alright' date=' I suppose I could l probably live with the Gelid Gx-7 or the Cooler Master V6 GT. How would these compare with the Corsair H60 though? [/quote']

The H60 against all odds isn't that great because of the small radiator.

Wouldn't be able to tell you how it compares against those two though.

I ended up buying the H60, I found one for $55 on Newegg so I thought why not. I probably would have bought the Gelid GX7 instead as Scotty suggested, but couldn't find one for a decent price. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I appreciate it.