Please tell my how this can work!?

Jagzz

Ok, i obviously have my only monitor plugged to the graphics card, but i've wanted to have a second monitor for a while but i wasn't able to get one with inputs i could use because the 7870 had 2x mini dp and a hdmi available but enought of that.

Eventually i had one monitor left over but it had only one vga input (well it has a scart input too and i had some fun times playing on my ps2 again :D).

I didn't bother buying adapters so just for giggles i plugged it into the iGPU's vga port and for my suprise, it automaticly stretched the desktop onto both monitors.

(btw the cpu is a i5 3570k)

Here's the qustion: how in the fudge this works? It shows both screens in the "Screen resolution" window, but my mind explodes when i try to think that i can stretch minecraft onto both monitors but they run on different gpu's.

Is your CPU from AMD or Intel?

(btw the cpu is a i5 3570k)

You might have read the post before i remembered to add this :D

You have Lucid Virtu install, that could explain it?

Nope, no Lucid Virtu installed.

Some motherboard will run both your GPU and iGpu at the same time. I have it for my HD screen and my CRT :P

\

Some motherboard will run both your GPU and iGpu at the same time. I have it for my HD screen and my CRT :P

That's Lucid but since he didn't install it and nVidia/AMD (especially AMD) shouldn't support his integrated GPU, something is working without being install.

I haven't installed Lucid either :P

Wait so you can run your main displays from the dedicated and have another monitor using the integrated graphics?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Wait so you can run your main displays from the dedicated and have another monitor using the integrated graphics?

Yeah pretty much.

\

Exactly!

Mhmm, it's what I do to dedicate my gpu towards one monitor.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Mhmm, it's what I do to dedicate my gpu towards one monitor.

nVidia control panel or AMD'S equivalent.

Just to be sure in case anyone has doubt, unless you run hybrid CroossFire, you can't have your dedicated GPU do one screen and the integrated GPU do another if it's a stretch resolution, they can't work on the same image at the same time. This will only work if they work on separated images.