SmartTechnology.exe has stopped working

Go to solution Solved by DrDoom,

Hi All,

Well after running through many many pages on the net,, I found that NET framework 3.5.1 had to be turned on. Well I did say I was not Tech savvy.

Thanks for your input guys..This may help someone else..

Regards

DrDoom 

Hi All,

Please please please can someone help me, I had a RAT3 mouse and a Cyborg V5 keyboard for my birthday, I am not up with Tech, I downloaded the drivers for mouse and keyboard at http://www.cyborggaming.com

The drivers seem to be working ok, but the software will not run? I get the message.......SmartTechnology.exe has stopped working

I Have looked around for fix but cannot get any joy.

Windows is bang upto date with all updates..

System is Windows 7- 64bit

I have Norton but I have tried downloading and running the software with Norton disabled? (not clever I know)

Anyway if anyone can help that would be cool.

If not, thanks for your time.

DrDoom

Try checking of the service is running: task manager > services tab > scroll 'till you see SmartTechnology or cyborg, anything to do with your brand > if it says "stopped" > right click and hit start.

If it fixes it, hit the "Services..." button at the bottom and then find the same service again > right click and hit "Properties" > for Startup Type choose "Automatic" > Apply, ok. Done

Else, I don't know.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

Thanks Tommy, 

But I see nothing in the task manager > services tab relating to SmartTechnology or cyborg? 

Very strange?

Thank You anyway....

from: http://www.cyborggaming.com/blog/post/2010/09/06/RAT7-programming-Ie28099m-drawing-a-blanke280a6.aspx#id_2dee777d-c1bc-48b8-8bf4-f685dd57e91d

It seems to be a rare problem, but you're not unique. This is the official response (from link):

Please get in contact with our technical support guys they will be able to help you

Tech Phone: 1-619-683-2815
Toll Free (USA): 1-800-659-2287
Email: techsupport@madcatz.com

HTTP/2 203

Hi All,

Well after running through many many pages on the net,, I found that NET framework 3.5.1 had to be turned on. Well I did say I was not Tech savvy.

Thanks for your input guys..This may help someone else..

Regards

DrDoom