*****Will my H440 overheat with this setup?*****

I own 4 out of the 6 H440's available. I have found, that for any rig that is a moderate system (very miner overclocks, and casual gaming, the stock fans cool fairly well, but when you put a beast rig in the H440, the stock fans are no match for the amount of heat that is generated through the case. Ive switched out the stock fans with BitFenix Spectre Pro fans, Coolink 120 fans, Corsiar AF 120's and 140's, and Cougar Vortex fans so far. All of them cool the H440 with a fully balls to the walls build inside just fine.

What would you consider my build to be? More moderate or beast like? Would I be having trouble with the heat the way I have it now? I don't plan to overclock at the moment anyway.

Does anyone have any idea on what temps I would be looking at with this setup?

What are his temps if you don't mind me asking? What does he play?

I'll get in-game temperatures in just a bit.  

Here's a picture of SpeedFan while he's watching YouTube. 

IMG_3911.jpg?v=0&p=8&x=1&a=BCxuhYzPD8ZCA

I'll get in-game temperatures in just a bit.  

Here's a picture of SpeedFan while he's watching YouTube. 

IMG_3911.jpg?v=0&p=8&x=1&a=BCxuhYzPD8ZCA

Does he play Skyrim by any chance? It would be great to see in game temps of it since that's what I would be playing most of the time. But any in-game temps will help tremendously! 

Does he play Skyrim by any chance? It would be great to see in game temps of it since that's what I would be playing most of the time. But any in-game temps will help tremendously! 

He hasn't played it in a while, but it's installed.  I'll have him play for about 10 minutes.   I opened Deus Ex Human Revolution and ran around a building for a few minutes.  I have no idea how to play the game, but it's one of the latest games he has played and beaten.  He also plays Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, The Sims 3.    

I'll post back in a bit with Skyrim numbers. This is from what I said above.

IMG_3912.jpg?v=0&p=8&x=1&a=BMddqXrDvp%2B

Here you go.  Skyrim.

Keep in mind the specs of his system (in my forum profile) compared to your prospective computer.  However, in theory, manufacturer's GPU coolers should level the playing field. 

IMG_3914.jpg?v=0&p=8&x=1&a=BP55A9CrTKwgA

Here you go.  Skyrim.

Keep in mind the specs of his system (in my forum profile) compared to your prospective computer.  However, in theory, manufacturer's GPU coolers should level the playing field. 

There doesn't seem to be much difference with the CPU temps from Youtube to Skyrim. How long did he play? Does he play with mods? Also, what settings is he playing at? CPU usage stayed the same as well??????

There doesn't seem to be much difference with the CPU temps from Youtube to Skyrim. How long did he play? Does he play with mods? Also, what settings is he playing at? CPU usage stayed the same as well??????

The CPU cooler has case fans very nearby so it's not surprising that it's still cool.  The CPU fan pushes through the heatsink which is about 4 inches from the rear exhaust case fan.  And there are two fans above it blowing out, too.  

IMG_3639.jpg?v=0&p=8&x=1&a=BIMrcyRHj%2Fu

IMG_3640.jpg?v=0&p=8&x=1&a=BLS4xXo2gU2sA

He played for about 10 minutes.  Doesn't seem like long, but the GPU idle temp increased to what's pictured in about a minute, so 10 is probably a good enough time frame. He ran around outside with a long view distance setting people on fire and shooting arrows at innocent people.   There are no mods; it's the ultimate edition, which I believe is just the expansion packs.   I'm not sure what the game's graphics settings are.  It looked pretty to me, though. 

The CPU cooler has case fans very nearby so it's not surprising that it's still cool.  The CPU fan pushes through the heatsink which is about 4 inches from the rear exhaust case fan.  And there are two fans above it blowing out, too.  

Picture 1

Picture 2

He played for about 10 minutes.  Doesn't seem like long, but the GPU idle temp increased to what's pictured in about a minute, so 10 is probably a good enough time frame. He ran around outside with a long view distance setting people on fire and shooting arrows at innocent people.   There are no mods; it's the ultimate edition, which I believe is just the expansion packs.   I'm not sure what the game's graphics settings are.  It looked pretty to me, though. 

Does he know what settings it was at? How do you think the H110 will fare in this case?

Does he know what settings it was at? How do you think the H110 will fare in this case?

Q1:  Not sure.  I had to kick him off to bed.  (He gotta get his learnin' tomorrow.)

Q2:  I'm sure it'll be fine.  Temperatures might be higher because of your higher-end modern components, but it couldn't be anything debilitating.  He won't have a first-generation i5 and GTX650 forever.  I'll probably upgrade him in January or February.  That was of course a consideration when I bought the H440 case; I wouldn't have picked it if I thought it would be a problem. 

Edit: Wait, was the "H110" a typo when you mean "H440"?    

I am currently waiting for the rest of my build (http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kfg6NG) to arrive. I'm still not sure what I should expect temperature wise with the H440 but people keep telling me it will do just fine. Anyway, I will be playing Skyrim on ultra with a lot of mods (HD, Texture, Misc, etc) mainly and am starting to hesitate looking at my system. Some people have commented that the 780ti won't hold a stable 60fps. Is this true? I was made to believe that it would do quite well. What are your average temps for CPU and GPU while playing Skyrim on ultra with mods? Does anyone here have a 780ti with which they could share the temps they are getting? And maybe even an average CPU temp for the i7-4790k? Anything similar would be great aswell. Just trying to figure out what I should be expecting with my system and if I made the right call component wise. Thanks

For fucks sake, stop making posts about this.

Your rig will run the game fine and it won't overheat.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Q1:  Not sure.  I had to kick him off to bed.  (He gotta get his learnin' tomorrow.)

Q2:  I'm sure it'll be fine.  Temperatures might be higher because of your higher-end modern components, but it couldn't be anything debilitating.  He won't have a first-generation i5 and GTX650 forever.  I'll probably upgrade him in January or February.  That was of course a consideration when I bought the H440 case; I wouldn't have picked it if I thought it would be a problem. 

Edit: Wait, was the "H110" a typo when you mean "H440"?    

I meant the H110 AIO cooler from Corsair. 

IT WILL BE FINE. stop making posts about this

It depends on the fans you install, the GPU you install, the CPU cooler you install. Stop.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

IT WILL BE FINE. stop making posts about this

It depends on the fans you install, the GPU you install, the CPU cooler you install. Stop.

I've been off all day. Whats he been up to?

Pls, I play Skyrim on High with 2K textures and other stuff, body mods bewb physics (dont judge u dont know my struggles) on my macbook pro

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Why dont you just play it and find out lol

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Doubting his purchase of the H440 and asking if it will be cool enough (iirc)

You'll be fine, stop worrying

I have one and it has plenty of cooling options. IF you water cool you can fit up to two triple 120 mm rads (depending on a few things) and for air get some good AF fans and you will be fine.

Ok. Calm down. But threads like this (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2289801) are getting me worried. People talking about overheating and one guy going on about how the i7-4790k will not do well in the case.

I have one and it has plenty of cooling options. IF you water cool you can fit up to two triple 120 mm rads (depending on a few things) and for air get some good AF fans and you will be fine.

Don't feel conformable full out water cooling. 

And this thread is just discussing the temps with Skyrim. I am just curious as to what other have seen. And if others have a setup like mine and would like to share their experiences, then all the better. No need for everyone to get so hostile about this.

Don't feel conformable full out water cooling. 

Well like I said. Air cooling is still a great option. Just pick up some good AF fans. ;)

Don't worry about cooling. IF cooling was terrible it wouldn't be this popular. 

Could you provide some evidence to this? Do you have any idea on what temps I would be expecting?

Well like I said. Air cooling is still a great option. Just pick up some good AF fans. ;)

Don't worry about cooling. IF cooling was terrible it wouldn't be this popular. 

Its just with threads like this (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2289801), and the fact that the 780ti will add some heat, combine that with the restricted airflow of the H440 in general, and my nerves skyrocket lol.