(CAD) Where to buy replacement caps for G710+?

dalekphalm

Hey guys, I have a Logitech G710+ and I have a bunch of cracked key caps that need replacing. Both my CTRL keys for example are now 100% loose.

So I need to buy replacement caps for them. Does anyone know a place that sells ones that will fit with the style of the original key caps? I will for sure need to replace both left and right CTRL keys, but I may need to replace a bunch others that have hairline cracks as well.

Anyone got suggestions? If no matching sets, what about a full replacement set that will fit? I've heard the G710+ has unusual spacing issues with the key caps.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I do not know of any retailer that sells replacement caps, but MaxKeyboards have a full kit.

The spacing is an issue, but any of these three kits will work. http://www.maxkeyboard.com/keyboard-parts/key-cap/full-keycap-sets.html

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I do not know of any retailer that sells replacement caps, but MaxKeyboards have a full kit.

The spacing is an issue, but any of these three kits will work. http://www.maxkeyboard.com/keyboard-parts/key-cap/full-keycap-sets.html

Those will fit the G710+ completely without issue? Cause I'd probably replace the whole damn key set if I bought that :P

EDIT: How will the LED lighting be affected by these keys? Will the lighting still come through alright?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Those will fit the G710+ completely without issue? Cause I'd probably replace the whole damn key set if I bought that :P

EDIT: How will the LED lighting be affected by these keys? Will the lighting still come through alright?

The set will work perfectly with the G710+, however the lighting may not look as nice as you may want it to.

3a2e618326.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Plenty of places sell keycaps.

Keypop

Elite Keyboards- If you are going to get the Cherry Doubleshots, they have a lower profile.

Massdrop- Has them from time to time. You may need to wait but cat get them at a lower price.

Signature Plastics

Pimp My Keyboard

Tech Keys

Max Keyboards

Clack Factory/Click Clack

MechKB

Ebay (qtan and Feng)

WASD Keyboards

Ducky Channel

Vendio

Mechanical Keyboards

Bingecap

Some of these places only sell novelty keycaps. But that is my entire database.

I usually put a custom keycap set on each of my boards. Unless they are vintage, or backlit.  And I warn you, it CAN GET ADDICTIVE. A rare Click Clack can cost double the price of an expensive board. I own 30 (some were cheap).

PBT Keycaps are brittle, but will last virtually forever.

ABS Keycaps are flexible but usually have a lifespan of 20 years (give or take)

The G710+ uses ABS

And here is the Max Keyboards set on the G710+. It doesn't have replacements for the macro keys, so that may be a concern.

Ironically I had that set an my G710+ at one point. I gave it to my kid though. It looked nice. The keycaps look black if there is no illumination shining through it. They are currently an my Blackbird. And the blackbird keycaps are on my Ducky Shine Mini.

If the Control Keys are Broken than you may need to get a new switch. If so just post telling me if it is the switch or keycap that is broken. I can get you some sites of where to buy a new switch.

They are Plate Mounted, so soldiering is required to replace it.

Other Advice: Less Rage ;)

Plenty of places sell keycaps.

Keypop

Elite Keyboards- If you are going to get the Cherry Doubleshots, they have a lower profile.

Massdrop- Has them from time to time. You may need to wait but cat get them at a lower price.

Signature Plastics

Pimp My Keyboard

Tech Keys

Max Keyboards

Clack Factory/Click Clack

MechKB

Ebay (qtan and Feng)

WASD Keyboards

Ducky Channel

Vendio

Mechanical Keyboards

Some of these places only sell novelty keycaps. But that is my entire database.

I usually put a custom keycap set on each of my boards. Unless they are vintage, or backlit.  And I warn you, it CAN GET ADDICTIVE. A rare Click Clack can cost double the price of an expensive board. I own 30 (some were cheap).

PBT Keycaps are brittle, but will last virtually forever.

ABS Keycaps are flexible but usually have a lifespan of 20 years (give or take)

The G710+ uses ABS

And here is the Max Keyboards set on the G710+. It doesn't have replacements for the macro keys, so that may be a concern.

Ironically I had that set an my G710+ at one point. I gave it to my kid though. It looked nice. The keycaps look black if there is no illumination shining through it. They are currently an my Blackbird. And the blackbird keycaps are on my Ducky Shine Mini.

If the Control Keys are Broken than you may need to get a new switch. If so just post telling me if it is the switch or keycap that is broken. I can get you some sites of where to buy a new switch.

They are Plate Mounted, so soldiering is required to replace it.

Other Advice: Less Rage ;)

Thanks for the info. It's just the caps that are broken. I've got the infamous cracked caps issue that many have had with the G710+.