Pumpage Situation.

Hey guys!

I'm planning to put 2x 140mm Dual Rads and a single 140mm rad. With a water block on the CPU and GPU ( Providing I can find one that will fit a 660-ti ). I was just wondering will a single res and single pump be enough to accommodate all of the above.

If that will all be fine I will use the Maelstrom 5 1/4" Dual Bay Reservoir from Swifttech with ether one pump or two.

Thanks in advance :3

Oh also, do you know of any full cover 660-ti waterblocks.

Cacti, not cactuses. 

you can use any reference GTX670 block (not for the win series). Watercool, XSPC, Aquacomputer,

Koolance, AlphaCool... just make sure not to order 670 FTW block, won't fittie!

what case are you installing 2x 280 rads in?

single pump 355 or 35X is fine, two for redundancy. but becareful, those pumps can get hot. if you

have room, there is a heatsink w/fan combo.. highly suggest them... ive tossed three 35? pumps

as they burn themselves up, either WOT, 60% or 40% they just went toast. put a heatsink on em

and now have lasted 9mo, so far.

airdeano

I'm installing all of this in a CM Storm Stryker plenty of space :) and room to spare.

Yeah I've heard that those pumps are rather hot but I think I could probably ghetto mount a fan to cool them.

Cacti, not cactuses. 

you can use any reference GTX670 block (not for the win series). Watercool' date=' XSPC, Aquacomputer, Koolance, AlphaCool... just make sure not to order 670 FTW block, won't fittie! what case are you installing 2x 280 rads in? single pump 355 or 35X is fine, two for redundancy. but becareful, those pumps can get hot. if you have room, there is a heatsink w/fan combo.. highly suggest them... ive tossed three 35? pumps as they burn themselves up, either WOT, 60% or 40% they just went toast. put a heatsink on em and now have lasted 9mo, so far. airdeano[/quote']

That seems really bad if your pump burns up.

Maybe go with a laing pump? I have rarly heard of issues with them.

I personally use a Laing DDC and recommend it. I got it second hand. And ive been running it for 18 months. Its still fine.

EDIT: I would like to add I have been running this pump for the past 6 months out of those 18 with 2 x 240 & a 140 rad.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

One good pump would be fine for all that gear. As Ghost says, cannot go wrong with the Laing DDC pumps. I have mine running a 360, 240, CPU and 2 x GPU with great temps.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

get a D5 655 and you allways know that you are good to go.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

you can use any reference GTX670 block (not for the win series). Watercool' date=' XSPC, Aquacomputer, Koolance, AlphaCool... just make sure not to order 670 FTW block, won't fittie! what case are you installing 2x 280 rads in? single pump 355 or 35X is fine, two for redundancy. but becareful, those pumps can get hot. if you have room, there is a heatsink w/fan combo.. highly suggest them... ive tossed three 35? pumps as they burn themselves up, either WOT, 60% or 40% they just went toast. put a heatsink on em and now have lasted 9mo, so far. airdeano[/quote']

That seems really bad if your pump burns up.

Maybe go with a laing pump? I have rarly heard of issues with them.

I personally use a Laing DDC and recommend it. I got it second hand. And ive been running it for 18 months. Its still fine.

EDIT: I would like to add I have been running this pump for the past 6 months out of those 18 with 2 x 240 & a 140 rad.

those were DDC 355 and 35x pumps.. they do go wrong.. they can heatup really bad

under heavy loads for long periods of time. hence they've developed a heatsink and fan

to allevate the windings from melting the expoxy and shorting out.

I would get a swiftech MPC655. To me it is the best and only pump I will use.

Competely agree with Caravetta, I have a MCP655 to, bougt it used a year and a half a ago, been running my loop ever since, no problem. Altogh they are a bit pricy thay come with two big advantages. 1) MBF, they rearly fail, unless you run them dry 2) good flow rate and high preassure, good if you want to run many blocks in your rig.