Asus ROG PG278Q swift

samons
Go to solution Solved by samons,

Well now i got it and tried it and i gotta say its amazing, g-sync makes all games feel next gen :) even with my gtx 780 sc 6gb with mostly ultra settings with 60-80 fps it still better than anything i seen, it just feels so smooth.

my last monitor was a pb278q pls panel and the colors on it was just beautiful  im gonne miss that for sure, tho the rog are rly good for a tn and the viewing ankles are rly not that bad ether- I dont mind the trade of at all cus overall as a person who plays games allmost everyday this is perfect, like linus said its like tryin ssd for the first time you dont wanna go back !

I predict that supply won't be able to keep up with the demand. The likelihood of owning one of these things before 2015 will be impossible.

For shame! I really wanted to try one of these bad boys out.

Supply is definately behind the demand, many shops where I live have removed their listing of the monitor already, just to stop the insane amount of preorders :P

Does anyone know where can I buy this monitor in Canada? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Does anyone know where can I buy this monitor in Canada? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

It's not out yet.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

2 shop in my country has like 21 of them, just waiting for the 1st to hit so I have the damn money  :)

i just got the evga gtx 780 sc 6 gb, hopin its enough otherwise i might sli og wait for the maxwell series aswell 

Performance

NVIDIA GTX 780

2304 CUDA Cores

967 MHz Base Clock

1020 MHz Boost Clock

185.6GT/s Texture Fill Rate

Memory

6144 MB, 384 bit GDDR5

6008 MHz (effective)

288.38 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

Have you tried 144hz?

Are you going to pick up another card? 

Do colours not matter to you? 

Will you turn settings down if you can't run on a single 780?

What type of games do you play? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Have you tried 144hz?

Are you going to pick up another card? 

Do colours not matter to you? 

Will you turn settings down if you can't run on a single 780?

What type of games do you play? 

i tried a 144hz  Benq monitor.

im waiting to try some of the new games first, but im gonna sli at some point yes just not sure witch card yet..

well colours are really good on my asus PB278Q pls panel, but i cant stand the tearing its just so bad on this monitor.. and i cant stand looking at it, i rather have a smooth gaming experience

if i have to turn settings down till i get another card i will yes, but im running the same resolution now with no problems tho..

atm im waiting for new games but i play a little lol, wow, bf4. but im gonna play games like ACU, farcry 4, shadow of mordor, bf hardline, WOD, the witcher 3 and that sort when they come..

finally linus came with a review 

That's it... I'll buy it... Cya on the other side guys ;)

Will a single 780 Ti run BF4 on Ultra on this monitor?

That's it... I'll buy it... Cya on the other side guys ;)

^^ the 30th this month ill have enough money, this month is moving in slow motion !! :) 

Will a single 780 Ti run BF4 on Ultra on this monitor?

You know your question has no meaning right?

Yes it will run, a better question would be "Will it run # fps?"

^^ the 30th this month ill have enough money, this month is moving in slow motion !! :)

Going to be great my danish friend :D

Going to be great my danish friend :D

couldn't wait ! just orderet it now :) 

For 879.99 CAD, I'll pass.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

ASUS has the best gaming monitor available right now. There is no competition. They can give this any price tag they desire and it would still dominate the market.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

ASUS has the best gaming monitor available right now. There is no competition. They can give this any price tag they desire and it would still dominate the market.

Dominate the market? It's pretty early to be making hyperbolic statements don't you think? I highly doubt many "gamers" are willing to shell out almost 1k after taxes for this particular monitor.

Dominate the market? It's pretty early to be making hyperbolic statements don't you think? I highly doubt many "gamers" are willing to shell out almost 1k after taxes for this particular monitor.

The pre-orders are already going crazy, some shops/sites removed pre-order option just for this... There wasn't enough supply. :D The hype they built with this monitor is really of-the-wall. It's the only option in it's league right now, like I said there is no competition. I'm not being a fanboy here or anything. I'm not going to get this before a good competing product arrives, believe me I was in that hype train too.

Don't get me wrong this is exactly what so many gamers were waiting for and it's indeed a really amazing monitor, but right now is not the time to get it. That is, if you are not a fucking millionaire.

Just my opinion.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Well now i got it and tried it and i gotta say its amazing, g-sync makes all games feel next gen :) even with my gtx 780 sc 6gb with mostly ultra settings with 60-80 fps it still better than anything i seen, it just feels so smooth.

my last monitor was a pb278q pls panel and the colors on it was just beautiful  im gonne miss that for sure, tho the rog are rly good for a tn and the viewing ankles are rly not that bad ether- I dont mind the trade of at all cus overall as a person who plays games allmost everyday this is perfect, like linus said its like tryin ssd for the first time you dont wanna go back !

That's the thing, this monitor offers the absolute best for gaming, obviously it doesn't appeal to you because you're not really a gamer, based off your past comments.