The Shocking Orange - By Zombie Mods.

ALXAndy

And my galaxy has a crack on it... Well yeah... but you know as you do. I think its time to show off my amazing photoshop skills. What do you think of this concept. the resolution reminds me of my old xbox 360.

That GPU sag though

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

And my galaxy has a crack on it... Well yeah... but you know as you do. I think its time to show off my amazing photoshop skills. What do you think of this concept. the resolution reminds me of my old xbox 360.

Yeah looks good that dude. I would plasticoat the motherboard white though, makes it disappear. Leave the blue bits on obs, but get the board painted white :)

Then go white and blue braids FTW.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

The case is huge. Like, stupid huge. After the Corsair 250D I was put off of the 900D as I found the 250D to be a cheap case in disguise as an expensive one (slither of alu covering plastic, for example, steel body, not much better than any other case). Had I dumped the money on a 900D and found it to be more of the same (I suspect I would have) I'd have been disappointed. I've heard people making a fuss of Corsair cases over the years, but being an Alienware owner since 2006 I know what a solid well built case looks like. Mind you, if people rave on about Corsair cases so much it must show what crap we're used to.

I think the 250D is the worst manufactured of them all, it is significantly cheaper too. I personally have a 750D and find it to be solid (metal sides and mostly metal) and the paint to be good. I know what you mean though as the brushed alu front is simply a brushed alu veneer on plastic. However for the £125 i paid im very happy with it

---EDIT---

Cosmos II was the case i was going to get but i decided the 750D was cheaper so I went for it. Also, nice build

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

Cheers AW. I didn't look at the 750D or any lower models because I had a pretty big budget for the case. One thing that I didn't realise was how big the motherboard was. So it was a bit lucky in the end, because I had my eye on some cheaper cases but didn't realise that they weren't even big enough to hold the board :D

Once built the Corsairs look quite lovely, but I spend an awful lot of time building and modding and tbh mate I wouldn't go back into that thing if I was paid. It was just a total wedgie from start to finish. I nearly snapped off the PCIE slot trying to fit my GTX 480 Lightning.

Fan covers, PSU plate.. None of them lined up properly unless I fitted all of the screws loosely, then moved the plate, then tightened up the screws. Very annoying for a tiny little case that costs what it does.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Yeah looks good that dude. I would plasticoat the motherboard white though, makes it disappear. Leave the blue bits on obs, but get the board painted white :)

Then go white and blue braids FTW.

You can do that? How because im going with msi mother board z97 g55 sli and its brown with darker heat sinks so if i could colour it that'd be epic. Im also gonna make a fold down desk to replace my wobbly ghetto argos desk :P.

Steve

You can do that? How because im going with msi mother board z97 g55 sli and its brown with darker heat sinks so if i could colour it that'd be epic. Im also gonna make a fold down desk to replace my wobbly ghetto argos desk :P.

You need this.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-003-PX

On my motherboard?! Thats mental. I could do but i don't wanna be liable, so do any places do it for you http://www.plasticoat.co.uk/index.php ? maybe. It would be nice... but hmm... How? Much Mental... Much bad english

It's basically spray on insulation tape, so you can just peel it off.

1.37 atm.

Wow, not bad, even at 1.45V, I can't get it to 4.60 GHz, maybe there is some merit to a 3970X over a 3930K after all. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

It's basically spray on insulation tape, so you can just peel it off.

If I don't void warranty I'll give it a go. Know of a way to colour heatsinks to make all the blue same?

Thanks for your help

Steve

Wow, not bad, even at 1.45V, I can't get it to 4.60 GHz, maybe there is some merit to a 3970X over a 3930K after all.

Maybe, although above 4.5GHz seems to be mostly pot-luck with sandy-e hex cores. Mine was pretty happy sitting at 4.7GHz on 1.38V, produced a fair ol' bit of heat though.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

If I don't void warranty I'll give it a go. Know of a way to colour heatsinks to make all the blue same?

Thanks for your help

take the heatsinks off, mask, apply plastidip on coloured areas, but yeah there is literally no harm im panting your motherboard, if you do it correctly

take the heatsinks off, mask, apply plastidip on coloured areas, but yeah there is literally no harm im panting your motherboard, if you do it correctly

I think im just gonna choose the asrock z97 pro 4 and jst make a custom shroud as when i was building my computer and doing a screw my hand sometimes went into vibration mode :(

Steve

Maybe, although above 4.5GHz seems to be mostly pot-luck with sandy-e hex cores. Mine was pretty happy sitting at 4.7GHz on 1.38V, produced a fair ol' bit of heat though.

I recall reading that the Extreme edition chips are binned higher than the regular K ones. Not for clock speed, but more for temps and volts as they operate at higher clocks.

They are hot though, but I'm well within acceptable limits. TBH I've not even tried dropping the voltage more. I should do really.

The X has more cache, so naturally clock for clock it's a faster CPU. Now obviously with the 39x0 X the differences were a lot smaller than say, I7 930 to 980 X but there is a difference. I had a 4930k in my basket for £420, but the saving (£70) meant the difference between 8gb quad channel 1600mhz ram and 16gb dominators running 1866. So I ended up with a better all round rig by going with the Sandy. Plus I strongly doubt I'd have gotten 4.7ghz on a H110 with a 4930k, so my rig is possibly faster with the 3970x in.

I was expecting something to do with barnie lol

I was expecting Bronies

How do you do a 'floating' fan by any chance? great build anyways, a shame about the tablet though...

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

To make the floating fans I cut a fan away from the frame. Then fashion a mount by bending acrylic sheet with a heat gun. Once it's made I use a very strong glue to hold the fan onto the mount.

To make the floating fans I cut a fan away from the frame. Then fashion a mount by bending acrylic sheet with a heat gun. Once it's made I use a very strong glue to hold the fan onto the mount.

that's cool, Pics outside the case? no worries if you cant/ effort. but sounds cool.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with heat though, my water loop should be able to handle that. But at the end of the day, the difference between 5.0 GHz and 4.5 GHz is around 10%, which in the real world is like <7%, so I doubt it's even an issue

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

that's cool, Pics outside the case? no worries if you cant/ effort. but sounds cool.

I'm not removing it now dude, it's all cable tied in.

But basically here's the protocol.

1. Get a fan. You really want either a 80mm or 92mm fan. Don't worry if they are quite noisy, they make a lot less noise once the frame is removed.

2. Get a sheet of 3mm acrylic.

3. Get a sheet of A4 paper and draw out your design using a ruler and exact measurements. For this particular fan the only mounting place I could find was the fan holes in the back side of the radiator. As such it did not sit central, so I had to bear that in mind when drawing my plans. In the end I ended up with something like this.

rough_zpsf14ed025.png

Now remember, it's only shaped like that because I needed it to offset to make sure that the fan was central to the mosfet heatsinks on the motherboard. Also remember that the top rectangle is the depth you want the fan to go in toward what you want cooling, and the other end is the part that holds the fan, so needs to be long enough to go to the middle of the fan (plus the little bit extra so you can glue it down) and clearance for it to spin without hitting the mount you are making.

Now take a pritt stick and cover the entire back side of your drawing. Then stick it directly to the acrylic. Your acrylic will have a plastic coating, so stick it to that ! do not stick it directly to the acrylic unless you don't have a choice, because it leaves a mess to clean up.

4. Cut out your design using a Dremel.

5. Sand all edges with sand paper, reducing P for better finish as you go.

6. Get a work bench. Clamp your fan holder into the workbench on the bend line. Also get a damp cloth soaked in cold water.

7. Get a pair of oven gloves, put them on. Start heating the acrylic along the line it is clamped into the workbench. When it goes floppy bend it down and press hard. Once you have a 90' angle keep pressing and replace hand with damp cloth. This cools it down quicker and allows it to set in position much faster.

8. Wait for it to cool down, then remove all of your paper/safety coatings.

9. Cover both sides in masking tape and mark holes. Drill holes slowly with a Dremel, a drill could crack the acrylic.

10. Cut the fan free. Then clean the cuts, and, once you are done glue it to the mount. You should have something that resembles the pic I uploaded. Once the glue has set simply bolt in.

-snip-.

well thanks a lot, that would look really cool in a future build, and obvs no sweat about pics, this was even better! keep it up!

OK so I have just bagged a bargain. Basically there was a listing on Ebay from a guy selling Corsair Nova 60gb SSDs. Apparently he uses them in servers, and has had a few failures. That's common for Corsair SSDs, I've had two just vanish.

Any way, I bought four of these.

_57.jpg

Unopened and brand new for £10 each. Can you say, RAID 0 stupid uber speeds?

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

As for the build? I have my step daughter here atm, hence the quietness. I did order the stuff I need to mount the phone, and it fits brilliantly in the space I have allocated for it. More soon :)

OK so I have just bagged a bargain. Basically there was a listing on Ebay from a guy selling Corsair Nova 60gb SSDs. Apparently he uses them in servers, and has had a few failures. That's common for Corsair SSDs, I've had two just vanish.

Any way, I bought four of these.

_57.jpg

Unopened and brand new for £10 each. Can you say, RAID 0 stupid uber speeds?

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

As for the build? I have my step daughter here atm, hence the quietness. I did order the stuff I need to mount the phone, and it fits brilliantly in the space I have allocated for it. More soon :)

Just nabbed the last ssd :P

Steve