Full controller supported MMO with good combat (Why has it not been done yet?!

Donimater2

I seriously think that the MMO genre is lacking a title that mixes the hack and slash play style (Maybe slightly slower) and the WoW lore/dungeons.

IF a BIG developer were to try and do this there is NO DOUBT that people would try it as it is something new in an MMO and a lot of people don't like the key bashing combat system that most MMOs have.

I know ESO is coming to console later this year however i do not believe ESO will be anywhere near to what i am suggesting (ESO combat is a bit slow and there are no flying mounts etc)

I think the game would have very good PVP and if mixed with lots of different gears the uniqueness of peoples characters would be fantastic.

RPGs work very well with consoles and controllers so why not MMOs?

Maybe the combat would be less customize able but with LOTS of different abilities that are unlock able along the way i think the combat could stay unique enough.

Another thing is the feedback from creatures in MMOs when you attack them is simply not good enough, imagine playing a heavy warrior class and smashing the big boss in the upper body causing him to be knocked back and going in for the kill while hes knocked back.

I just think that MMOs need a new approach and i personally do not like Wildstar is it is essentially the same game as WoW but with different lore. (I know many will disagree).

Let me know your thoughts, Thanks for reading.

TERA, maybe? Fast combat, with dungeons and such. 

As for controller support, why would you even want it? MMOs just don't work well on controllers. Having spells and moves spanning over 10 or more number and function keys never works on controllers. Selecting stuff takes ages too. 

EDIT: Also, ESO is very disappointing. It had potential, but overall was a massive let down. 

OP, please for the love of GabeN, change your text color to automatic. :)

But I agree, the MMO genre is sorely lacking and getting old. I loved WoW and Guild Wars 2, but they're both just old news either way you look at it. I'm not settling for old-school MMO shit anymore, even if there is a hint of it in any new MMO.

What needs to be done away with is the leveling system. Every single MMO has a level cap system, and then developers always say "Our game really opens up at [max level]" and that excuse is just starting to piss me off. I don't want to go through mindless grinding to get to the FUN content.

I also want variety in the world, no static NPC's handing out static quests that you'll never remember. There needs to be actual dynamic quests: quests that only happen on certain hours, days, months, seasons - if you miss it, too bad so sad, move on to the other quests.

I could go on. I send feedback messages to every MMO developer that invites me into their beta test that tells them if they want to hire me, I guarantee them they'll have the greatest MMO ever when every decision that's made goes through me first - or have me make all the decisions.

I'm just sick and tired of the laziness for the sake of making a deadline.

MMO's in general just aren't designed to have that sort of gameplay feel. Though MMOs like Guild wars 2 that can use a controller and adapt very well due to the low number of skills you have at your disposal exists, they aren't very widespread and people who enjoy MMOs in general like the complexity of gameplay options that would just be next to impossible to fit into a controller(or would be very bothersome to). 

EDIT: Basically it lowers variety and would feel watered down to the gamer's since it's a MMO and MMO's in general should have lots of different options to make gameplay interesting/non-linear. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

MMO's in general just aren't designed to have that sort of gameplay feel. Though MMOs like Guild wars 2 that can use a controller and adapt very well due to the low number of skills you have at your disposal exists, they aren't very widespread and people who enjoy MMOs in general like the complexity of gameplay options that would just be next to impossible to fit into a controller(or would be very bothersome to). 

EDIT: Basically it lowers variety and would feel watered down to the gamer's since it's a MMO and MMO's in general should have lots of different options to make gameplay interesting/non-linear. 

Well i hate the combat on MMOs but i love online progression games and MMOs is that at a very large scale.

OP, please for the love of GabeN, change your text color to automatic. :)

But I agree, the MMO genre is sorely lacking and getting old. I loved WoW and Guild Wars 2, but they're both just old news either way you look at it. I'm not settling for old-school MMO shit anymore, even if there is a hint of it in any new MMO.

What needs to be done away with is the leveling system. Every single MMO has a level cap system, and then developers always say "Our game really opens up at [max level]" and that excuse is just starting to piss me off. I don't want to go through mindless grinding to get to the FUN content.

I also want variety in the world, no static NPC's handing out static quests that you'll never remember. There needs to be actual dynamic quests: quests that only happen on certain hours, days, months, seasons - if you miss it, too bad so sad, move on to the other quests.

I could go on. I send feedback messages to every MMO developer that invites me into their beta test that tells them if they want to hire me, I guarantee them they'll have the greatest MMO ever when every decision that's made goes through me first - or have me make all the decisions.

I'm just sick and tired of the laziness for the sake of making a deadline.

I completely agree the industry as said by that guy who left blizzard, is dying FAST, It annoys me how much love Wildstar is getting because in a month or so people will be bored and more will want something like what me and you are suggesting.

TERA, maybe? Fast combat, with dungeons and such. 

As for controller support, why would you even want it? MMOs just don't work well on controllers. Having spells and moves spanning over 10 or more number and function keys never works on controllers. Selecting stuff takes ages too. 

EDIT: Also, ESO is very disappointing. It had potential, but overall was a massive let down. 

Tera is a game i am yet to try however i believe they still you the 1,2,3,4 etc keys as a primarily combat.

All i am asking for is something completely different to what we have now that is fun and has awesome combat features that single player games have.

Tera is a game i am yet to try however i believe they still you the 1,2,3,4 etc keys as a primarily combat.

All i am asking for is something completely different to what we have now that is fun and has awesome combat features that single player games have.

Nope. TERA uses a basic kind of "normal hits" on the mouse click, with 1, 2, 3 etc. as special moves. You have to move and dodge yourself, you can't just click on the enemy and then just press the number keys. 

Little bit of Warrior class combat 

GW2 has controller support now i think, but yea.. controller sucks, has always sucked, will always suck. (excluding steeringwheel for driving games and such) but arent they calling that shitty Destiny or whatever show/game a MMO? its on console so has controller.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I seriously think that the MMO genre is lacking a title that mixes the hack and slash play style (Maybe slightly slower) and the WoW lore/dungeons.

IF a BIG developer were to try and do this there is NO DOUBT that people would try it as it is something new in an MMO and a lot of people don't like the key bashing combat system that most MMOs have.

I know ESO is coming to console later this year however i do not believe ESO will be anywhere near to what i am suggesting (ESO combat is a bit slow and there are no flying mounts etc)

I think the game would have very good PVP and if mixed with lots of different gears the uniqueness of peoples characters would be fantastic.

RPGs work very well with consoles and controllers so why not MMOs?

Maybe the combat would be less customize able but with LOTS of different abilities that are unlock able along the way i think the combat could stay unique enough.

Another thing is the feedback from creatures in MMOs when you attack them is simply not good enough, imagine playing a heavy warrior class and smashing the big boss in the upper body causing him to be knocked back and going in for the kill while hes knocked back.

I just think that MMOs need a new approach and i personally do not like Wildstar is it is essentially the same game as WoW but with different lore. (I know many will disagree).

Let me know your thoughts, Thanks for reading.

Phantasy Star online 2 there is a big english community on Ship 2 (server 2) and there is a fan made english patch with a launcher that will automaticly detect when your english patches are out of date allowing you to redownload or revert to Japanese for compatibility (if it gets broken)

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

I think Rusty Hearts and other fighter and dungeon crawler MMOs have controller support.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

The Secret World works extremely well with a controller.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Phantasy Star online 2 there is a big english community on Ship 2 (server 2) and there is a fan made english patch with a launcher that will automaticly detect when your english patches are out of date allowing you to redownload or revert to Japanese for compatibility (if it gets broken)

is it free? Does it have controller support?

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn works very well with a controller, but it's one of those WoW-clones.