STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

when you get CSGO for $15 on the 9th and discover the sale is 10 days later for $10 or for $15 for the entire CS library...

and then realize that you had $15.60 on your account and you could have gotten another game...

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

IDK about the app but here's the link http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36223/

Bioshock Infinite is $14.99 by itself, if you buy the Triple Pack you get 1, 2 & Infinite for the same price

It is very likely that infinite will go 75% off solo during this sale, perhaps along with its season pass for the DLC (I got the season pass in a flash sale before)

If you get a checkout built up on the website, you need to check it out on the website, if you come back to the app it starts a new session I think.

I have never bought games from the website, only from the Android app and from the Windows app.

Guys what the heck are the adventure summer trading card things approximately 10$ usd do???

Its all looks these days

Ah well it'll pay to stockpile on some well priced quality now, the rest of your system is solid so when you get a GPU the system will come to life in a flurry of great games.

Hope the dog stays healthy and doesn't munch up the bread again. :)

Yes, and when I load up my first game with a GPU it will be beautiful to see. :wub:

I started around January or so. Whenever that Witcher 1 & 2 sale took place and basically costed $3 to $5 total. As of right now, I'm considering the Far Cry Collection - best deal so far -, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and Castle Crashers. I had my hopes up on DmC: Devil May Cry, but it was selling for about $20 (game + DLC) which is what DmC is selling for anyway or should be selling at. Well, let's hope Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, the Darksiders franchise, and more have great deals. Yay, stockpiling! 

Stockpiling is definitely a good idea. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Glad do see people are recommending it, I just bought it because I thought it looked neat. Graphics look amazing 

they don't look as nice as they should on my gtx 560 <.<

I got myself the full Valve pack (the whole Half-life franchise, Portal 2 and TF classic), Witcher 2, Mirrors Edge, Garry's Mod, Skyrim, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Tomb Raider and Civilization V. I'm broke now :(

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I've only bought Naruto so far even if it is a bad pc port and already know the story. Thinking about getting The Last Remnant, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Edition. Might get the Fallout Series since I've never really played them before besides the third one.

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

I've only bought Naruto so far even if it is a bad pc port and already know the story. Thinking about getting The Last Remnant, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Edition. Might get the Fallout Series since I've never really played them before besides the third one.

Get Fallout: New Vegas next! Best Fallout in the series and definitely worth a purchase! :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Haven't bought anything yet because nothing seems to be good yet

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Get Fallout: New Vegas next! Best Fallout in the series and definitely worth a purchase! :)

Fallout 3 and New Vegas GOTY Editions are only 40% off. I'm waiting for them to hit 75%.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Fallout 3 and New Vegas GOTY Editions are only 40% off. I'm waiting for them to hit 75%.

Well...then it should be the next purchase! :D

Picked up Torchlight II for £3.74 (75% off, Community's choice), hope it's worth it and doesn't get a bigger discount. 

If you get both GoTY look into the mod called "Tale of Two Wastelands", joins both games together. I found it really fun.

This is the first sale where I've gone in and not really had a "I need to pick up game X in the sale".

I would like to pick up Stanley Parable, and that's it really. Nothing has caught my eye as of yet.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Still no purchase by me but definitely fixing my lists to try and win some free games I want.  Anyone else forget to have their wish list(s) ready?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

How is Euro Truck Simulator, it looks fun

SHould I get 1 or 2, 1 is only 89 cents

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Still no purchase by me but definitely fixing my lists to try and win some free games I want.  Anyone else forget to have their wish list(s) ready?

I've been looking forward to getting some indies like Broforce, Transistor, and Child of Light. As for regular games there really isn't anything left for me to buy since this is like my xth steam sale lol. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Damn I just put all my trading cards and other useless junk in the market and people are buying all that shit!

Soon ima have enough to buy a cheap game for nothing basically, I didn't know people actually pay for them so damn fast, :)

I couldn't stop laughing at the attack on gaben video, thanks for sharing!

Wiitcher 2 for F**KIN $4?  *FIRST BLOOD*

Wiitcher 2 for F**KIN $4?  *FIRST BLOOD*

Yeah it's been solidly at No1 on the top sellers for a couple of days.

Oh wow we are in Tech News now? Only just noticed. :)

It should get moved hopefully to PC Games or Hot Deals.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I ran out of games that I wanted to buy. What are some others like Fallout & Borderlands? How is the Mass Effect series? Right now you get Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition for $17.49 (50% off). http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18260/

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

It should get moved hopefully to PC Games or Hot Deals.

It was in Hot Deals to begin with, one of the mods/admins has moved it here.