GTX 760 SLI Not Working

StillAzure

So I was just kind of curious how well SLI runs on my system, I grabbed a spare GTX 760 that's just, lying around and decided to test SLI out, 5 hours in, I can't even get SLI to work yet.

I have an EVGA GTX 760 4GB originally installed on my Z87-PRO, which is an SLI ready motherboard, and I just popped this 2GB card in which should still theoretically work in SLI, but no.

I have re-installed driver using DDU from Guru3D first, both cards showed up fine in Device Manager, they showed up in the NVIDIA CP as well, but still no SLI enable option in it.

I've tried literally everything, re-seating cards, flipping/re-seating SLI bridge, try using only one card to see if one of them is malfunctioning or not, HyperSLI, Diffferent SLI Auto.

Nothing worked. Hopped on Reddit /r/buildapc IRC, no one had any ideas.

Asking here is probably my last resort, if nothing works out, I guess I'll just give it up.

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7 GHz ❍ EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 ❍ Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2133MHz

So I was just kind of curious how well SLI runs on my system, I grabbed a spare GTX 760 that's just, lying around and decided to test SLI out, 5 hours in, I can't even get SLI to work yet.

I have an EVGA GTX 760 4GB originally installed on my Z87-PRO, which is an SLI ready motherboard, and I just popped this 2GB card in which should still theoretically work in SLI, but no.

I have re-installed driver using DDU from Guru3D first, both cards showed up fine in Device Manager, they showed up in the NVIDIA CP as well, but still no SLI enable option in it.

I've tried literally everything, re-seating cards, flipping/re-seating SLI bridge, try using only one card to see if one of them is malfunctioning or not, HyperSLI, Diffferent SLI Auto.

Nothing worked. Hopped on Reddit /r/buildapc IRC, no one had any ideas.

Asking here is probably my last resort, if nothing works out, I guess I'll just give it up.

sorry to break the news

SLi will refuse to work with same card with DIFFERENT amount of VRAM

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I don't think you can SLI cards with different amounts of VRAM, I may be wrong.

Okay, what, I thought cards with different VRAM works, just limited to the least available amount.

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7 GHz ❍ EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 ❍ Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2133MHz

sorry to break the news

SLi will refuse to work with same card with DIFFERENT amount of VRAM

I thought SLI would just use the lower amount 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Actually, that gave me an idea, it could be how I ordered the cards wrong, maybe if I put 2GB card in the first slot- be back.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/136964-not-allowing-2-gtx-760s-to-work-in-sli/

read this tread

another user also the same trouble

and even nVidia tech support has confirm this stupid issue

Thanks nVidia

AMD X-Fire works even with 2GB 270X and 4GB 270X

Actually, that gave me an idea, it could be how I ordered the cards wrong, maybe if I put 2GB card in the first slot- be back.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

/flips rigs and everything over.

WELL, ALL THAT 5~6 HOURS FOR NOTHING I GUESS.

;-;

Edit: Forgot to add, switching order did not help.

HOLY BALLS I GOT IT WORKING.

http://puu.sh/9vJy7/25def6c8ff.png

DifferentSLIAuto to the rescue! Turns out the program works, i just had to disable signature enforcement thing.