Not allowing 2 GTX 760s to work in SLI

TheCroaker

It is detecting that there is an SLI Bridge, and that there are 2 GTX 760s, but it is not giving me the option to activate it
Specs
MSI:Z87-G45 Motherboard
MSI GTX 760 4GB
MSI GTX 760 2GB
Intel 4440
Corsair RM 650 PSU

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

I don't know much about SLI, but doesn't the memory on the GPU's have to be the same ?

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

I don't know much about SLI, but doesn't the memory on the GPU's have to be the same ?

Nope, it will default to the graphics card with the least amount of VRAM though. (So he'll only have 2GB of VRAM.) It should still work.

Have you tested both the cards individually to make sure they both work?

Nope, it will default to the graphics card with the least amount of VRAM though. (So he'll only have 2GB of VRAM.) It should still work.

ahh good to know.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

I have and they both do

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

I have and they both do

What slots are your graphics cards in, and how are you trying to enable SLI?

What slots are your graphics cards in, and how are you trying to enable SLI?

I have them both in PCI-e x16 slots, pci 3.0 aswell

and in the Nvidia Control Panel

My PC:

Check your motherboard's manual to see if the PCI E slots you are using are SLI compatible

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

Check your motherboard's manual to see if the PCI E slots you are using are SLI compatible

Already did

My PC:

generally for nvidia it usually does,

if it will work the 2Gb would definitely have to be in the first slot.

suggest removing the 4Gb card and do a clean uninstall of the current drivers

with the 2GB card install the latest nVidia drivers from the nVidia webpage

shut off pc and install the second card

the PC should detect the second card as new hardware

then go to the nvidia control panel and see if SLi can be enabled

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

suggest removing the 4Gb card and do a clean uninstall of the current drivers

with the 2GB card install the latest nVidia drivers from the nVidia webpage

shut off pc and install the second card

the PC should detect the second card as new hardware

then go to the nvidia control panel and see if SLi can be enabled

I will try this in the morning, thanks 

My PC:

I had this problem and it turns out it was a bad driver. Try downloading the latest driver but not installing it yet. Uninstall your old driver and delete any left over folders. Restart your pc. Clean Install your new driver and hopefully profit.

I had this problem and it turns out it was a bad driver. Try downloading the latest driver but not installing it yet. Uninstall your old driver and delete any left over folders. Restart your pc. Clean Install your new driver and hopefully profit.

Didnt work :/

My PC:

did your PC detect the 4GB card when you followed my steps

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Try using the previous ver of the driver. One dude comment that the new beta driver has issue with NVIDIA surround. Might be the cause.

are you still able to get SLi working with the previous driver?

are you still able to get SLi working with the previous driver?

nope I am not, was never able to get SLI Running, according to people on the Nvidia Forum you need the same VRam

My PC:

bingo

Edit: i thought so too, nvm looks like im wrong

I nvidia sli is very strict with gpu types for AMD you can mix two r9 270x of different vram and work fine

Nvidia won't let you sli any Gpu with different memory it has to be the same 4gb with 4gb and 2gb with 2gb not 4gb with 2gb only amd crossfire will let you use gpu's with different memory linus said so in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxc6cb3_y0w

Did you move the 2GB card to the first/primary slot as TheProfosist had suggested? Uninstall driver and power off, remove both cards and use only the 2GB card. Power up and install the latest driver, click 'perform a clean install' or something to that effect. If everything is fine, shut down and plug in the 4GB card...and don't forget the SLi bridge. On desktop, you should get a prompt, something to the effect that the system is SLi cappable and to enable it.

If it doesn't work, then perhaps it is a 4GB and 2GB incompatibility issue contrary to what others have said. It should work as I have come across posters who have said they have same model card with different size VRAM to work in SLi.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Did you move the 2GB card to the first/primary slot as TheProfosist had suggested? Uninstall driver and power off, remove both cards and use only the 2GB card. Power up and install the latest driver, click 'perform a clean install' or something to that effect. If everything is fine, shut down and plug in the 4GB card...and don't forget the SLi bridge. On desktop, you should get a prompt, something to the effect that the system is SLi cappable and to enable it.

If it doesn't work, then perhaps it is a 4GB and 2GB incompatibility issue contrary to what others have said. It should work as I have come across poster who have said they have same model card with different size VRAM to work in SLi.

Yea he did the first method and fail

So im guessing it need both to be same vram for sli to work.

Yea he did the first method and fail

So im guessing it need both to be same vram for sli to work.

Aw shucks, sorry to hear about this. I'm pretty sure I've read posts by some in other forums who had claimed that they got nV GPU's of same model but different VRAM size to work. That's the thing about SLi, it can be quite unforgiving.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2