HTML5/CSS3 fade-in box?

Jeroen1322

Hi guys!

I'm making a website for school and i have all the information in it but i want to make it better and let people say 'woah!'. I came acros this website and it had a really cool fade-in box (or how you would call it).

How is it made? Can someone link me the code or a tutorial?

Thanks!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

JJJJJJJJJ jQueryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

http://jquery.com

That was to be expected :P

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

That was to be expected :P

Certainly, and with a reason.

It's like used.. everywhere on any website you'll find.

Go inspect the element and there are always jQuery references in the <head> tag.

you can do this by

1. placing the box out of the screen and transparent in CSS
  2. setting a CSS transition for the box
  3. moving the box inside page and making it visible via the style property of the box object

all of this is achieved without ugly jQuery, but IE <10 won't animate it, all other browsers will

you can do this by

1. placing the box out of the screen and transparent in CSS
  2. setting a CSS transition for the box
  3. moving the box inside page and making it visible via the style property of the box object

all of this is achieved without ugly jQuery, but IE <10 won't animate it, all other browsers will

Ugly jQuery? 

Ugly jQuery? 

the code looks bad, jQuery promotes a coding style that is all about dollar symbols, brackets and anonymous functions

the code looks bad, jQuery promotes a coding style that is all about dollar symbols, brackets and anonymous functions

Code looking bad is a personal preference, any experienced programmer won't have any problem with jQuery.

It saves time compared to odd CSS methods.

Code looking bad is a personal preference, any experienced programmer won't have any problem with jQuery.

It saves time compared to odd CSS methods.

it's not about experience, jquery code looks pretty obvious due to how opaque it is, with the $ 'operator' that just does everything you throw at it

it's about elegance

CSS has nothing odd: it's just how browsers work, and jQuery will act on CSS anyway

but yes it saves time, if your priority is to get the job done in the shortest time and you don't care about how it happens, then sure jQuery is the way to go, but i don't think that spending a couple more minutes on this thing will hurt the OP

i just see a missed chance for a young web developer to understand how things work, that's why i don't like jQuery, even though i see the power that it has to offer

it's not about experience, jquery code looks pretty obvious due to how opaque it is, with the $ 'operator' that just does everything you throw at it

it's about elegance

CSS has nothing odd: it's just how browsers work, and jQuery will act on CSS anyway

but yes it saves time, if your priority is to get the job done in the shortest time and you don't care about how it happens, then sure jQuery is the way to go, but i don't think that spending a couple more minutes on this thing will hurt the OP

i just see a missed chance for a young web developer to understand how things work, that's why i don't like jQuery, even though i see the power that it has to offer

As long as you understand what jQuery does it's certainly not a crime to use is, but if the users aren't aware of what the jQuery execution actually changes in the CSS and such, that's a bad thing.

As long as you understand what jQuery does it's certainly not a crime to use is, but if the users aren't aware of what the jQuery execution actually changes in the CSS and such, that's a bad thing.

yup

the OP can't code the fading box, so he wouldn't know what jQuery is doing, so i posted the other way to do it, the 'manual' way

it'll be up to him to check out the alternative or not

Without JQuery you could do something like this:

div.fadeInBox {    -webkit-animation: fadein 2s; /* Safari and Chrome */       -moz-animation: fadein 2s; /* Firefox */        -ms-animation: fadein 2s; /* Internet Explorer */         -o-animation: fadein 2s; /* Opera */            animation: fadein 2s;}@keyframes fadein {    from { opacity: 0; }    to   { opacity: 1; }}/* Firefox */@-moz-keyframes fadein {    from { opacity: 0; }    to   { opacity: 1; }}/* Safari and Chrome */@-webkit-keyframes fadein {    from { opacity: 0; }    to   { opacity: 1; }}

Snape kills Dumbledore :P

Without JQuery you could do something like this:

div.fadeInBox {    -webkit-animation: fadein 2s; /* Safari and Chrome */       -moz-animation: fadein 2s; /* Firefox */        -ms-animation: fadein 2s; /* Internet Explorer */         -o-animation: fadein 2s; /* Opera */            animation: fadein 2s;}@keyframes fadein {    from { opacity: 0; }    to   { opacity: 1; }}/* Firefox */@-moz-keyframes fadein {    from { opacity: 0; }    to   { opacity: 1; }}/* Safari and Chrome */@-webkit-keyframes fadein {    from { opacity: 0; }    to   { opacity: 1; }}

I would Highly consider you to use CSS animation. Check out this for more information: 

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/CSS/Using_CSS_animations

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7