question about SLI / CrossFireX

JupiteL

I already have a GTX 660, if I want to make it SLI'd do I ihave to buy the same precise card, or I can get another same card with the OC version?

It is best that you buy an identical card. Don't forget to check if your PSU can handle it though..

I'm pretty sure the card itself isn't that important, as long as the GPU is the same. Clock speeds do have to be similar if not the same though (IIRC the main clock can differ, but memory can't).

You need to get the same GPU eg. GTX670, but you can get a different card from a different board partner if its the same GPU.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

You need to get the same GPU eg. GTX670' date=' but you can get a different card from a different board partner if its the same GPU.[/quote']

This.

Even if one card is an overclocked version, it will automatically be underclocked to the same speed as the slowest card.

Be safe to make sure whether you have a 660 or a 660 ti.

It needs to be the same gpu so a 660 branding doen't matther but the best is to take an identical one it looks better than 2 different cards in your case.