120hz vs. 60hz

So I am gamer and I want to know before I buy a monitor if 120hz really makes any significant difference in the experience of gameplay. Is it really worth sacrificing things like 4k, and better color reproduction?

So I am gamer and I want to know before I buy a monitor if 120hz really makes any significant difference in the experience of gameplay. Is it really worth sacrificing things like 4k, and better color reproduction?

You get 3D most the time so that's really cool, and depends on your GPU and how many frames it can put out to even see if that monitor would benefit you.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Is it really worth sacrificing things like 4k, and better color reproduction?

Absolutely not. Does 60fps look laggy to you? If not, focus on higher resolution and better color reproduction. Because that definitely is noticable. You also need a hefty GPU setup to take advantage of 120 hz. You basically never want your FPS going below 120, so you'll probably want dual 780 ti's if you want to be running things on ultra. 

Pretty much if you can grab a 2560x1440 ips panel with nice ms and your gpu can handle it just go with higher resolution.

Live your life like a dream.

If your PC is strong enough to run games at 120 FPS, it does make everything feel noticeably smoother. Whether or not you'd want to sacrifice color for smoothness is up to you.

I have both a 1440p 60 hz PLS monitor and a 1080p 144hz TN monitor, and I find myself gaming on the PLS one much more often than the TN. Other than fast-paced first-person shooters, I personally find the higher resolution and better panel to deliver a more enjoyable experience than just smoothness..

--It could just be a placebo-effect, but I do feel that I play first-person shooters a bit better with the high refresh rate. I feel like I can make quick motions more accurately than on my 60hz monitor..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

It really depends on what games u are going to be playing the 120hz monitors displays 120 FPS (ofc only if ur GPU can reach the 120 FPS mark) witch comes in handy for shooters such as Counter Strike but if your not going to be playing fast paced games i would recommend getting something else such as a cheap 4K monitor maybe but its up to u ofc

well think about it this way, your eyes don't see in frames per second. if you shake your hand you don't see it chop or anything like that. better example, if you through a box through a room on a 30fps, lets give it 3 frames, because that box is really moving, that's pop, pop, pop, out of frame. if there was any rotation to that you for sure wouldn't have picked it up. with a 120fps monitor it's going to be pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, that's a lot more detail, and you'll be able to track if it was rotating a lot easier.

put it simply, if you have a 60hz monitor, go into BF4, [this is the game I know how to do this], press the ` (I think it's called the grave key?) and type in "perfoverlay.drawfps 1" and then "gametime.maxvariablefps 30" [may have misspelled variable] and move around and walk around, then type in "gametime.maxvariablefps 60", you will see the difference in smoothness. now imagine 120!

I don't personally have a 120hz monitor but I wish I did, I have seen one in action, you just gata see it to tell if you want it or not.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

120hz will only be visibly better then 60hz when an object moves more then 60 pixels per second, wich is very often.

Hell some things will move more then the entire screen in 1 sec, If it moves 1920 times per sec, meaning that they wont even be rendered unless you have 1920 fps or some shit and they it will render a single time.

every frame increase, I started having superman vision seeing bullets pass by my screen. Ask DICE

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Asus along with a couple of other companies are bringing out 1440p@144hz monitors but you will need a good PC for that unless you play CS or LoL ^_^

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

60hz is fine but higher than that is not a priority. It depends though. If you purely play shooters, like CS:GO, get a 120/144hz monitor, it has to be awesome. If you like color production and resolution way more, you should look at 1440p.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844