Cooling for small server room

Schmarvin

Okay, first off, a little background about me and what I do.

I'm a systems administrator/director. A client of mine has 7 offices (this is an eye doctor in my area). 4-5 of these sites have electrical closets with a server setup, along with the patch panel, switch, and phone systems. Two of the sites have battery backups in them. All of them have a NAS or external drive on the network. At least three of the sites have little to no cooling in the electrical closet and temperatures on a hot day can hit up to 90 degrees. Two of these sites have refrigerators/freezers (for medical supplies) in them. The rooms do get fairly hot.

So, that is the background. Now, I'm looking for a cooling solution. But it needs to be fairly inexpensive as it will be temporary until I renovate these rooms and put cabinets (server racks) in them. I need this solution to last at least 6 months. Now, I've seen some other doctors' offices just put fans in their electrical closets and it works half of the time. Would a fan work, or should I get a portable air conditioning unit? Budget isn't an issue at this point, but full function and reliability is a must.

I have a poweredge 1950 and it gets hot and at my school we have a server room that is cooled by fresh air tubes.

"Just another day at the office" Captain Price -Call of Duty

That is a little more permanent of a solution and not the way I want to go. Eventually these rooms will have a nice air condition system in them. Or, if possible, I'll be able to remove and downsize the rooms as the client is going to EMR and the solution is cloud-based. So, realistically I could just put everything into one server room at the main office and up the internet speeds at the other offices to suffice and be efficient in connecting to the main hub.

Portable air conditioning units should be good, just make sure that they have somewhere for the water to go.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I was thinking like a little drip pan like you'd get for a washing machine for your clothes.

I was thinking like a little drip pan like you'd get for a washing machine for your clothes.

The other thing you can do is get an air conditioning unit with an evaporator built in.

Remember to quote or tag people when you respond to them ;)

Tagging is: @<member name>

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

@Blade of Grass,

Thanks for the help. I may go with one AC unit for one location that is extremely hot in the room. Plus, I don't believe a decent fan will fit in their, or have the space for proper airflow.