Monitor help. (Choosing new for the new build)

sze_nian

Hello guys!

I'm on the way of building a new pc for myself, running a i7-3930K and also an asus GTX680 DCII OC. I would like to find a nice looking monitor and then cost is within 1000~700MYR (300~250USD), 23 inch or 24 inch should be enough for me. since seldom monitor have a higher resolution at 27inch. And also IPS Panel too :)

My first choice is Asus MX239H or MX279H(This will depend one the price that i would able to get. MX239 at here cost 970MYR, while MX279 cost 1300MYR)

The MX279, a 27inch monitor and using a resolution of 1920 x 1080, does it worth the money? How about the 23inch ver?

Does gaming on a MX279 have difference with the MX239? Like seeing extra bigger pixel block n etc

PS : I'm still a student, the budget is kinda limited. ;)

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Take 2 of these for 300$. IMO is the best IPS bugdet monitor with premium quality. Unless you utterly hate the glass panel they have. I think the glass panel makes the colors more vibrant(maybe i am wrong).

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-H236HL-bid-23-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00AZMLIDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368016748&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+h6

If you want matte panel then the ASUS one you chose, is pretty good.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

I was looking at those monitors, and my thoughts were that if you want to use the monitor for gaming exclusively, then the 27 inch version would only be okay if you sat further from the screen because up close you will probably see the blockiness a bit more. However, the 23 inch is perfectly fine and I personally would prefer the more pixel dense version due to the fact that you might also be using it for your actual student work ;) if you were going to go for a larger screen then a larger resolution is kind of a must for a pc monitor not a lot of people would actually go for a 27 inch 1080p monitor from what I've seen.

Also they have built in speaker systems which I've heard are actually not bad for what they are but I wouldn't use it.

Take 2 of these for 300$. IMO is the best IPS bugdet monitor with premium quality. Unless you utterly hate the glass panel they have. I think the glass panel makes the colors more vibrant(maybe i am wrong).

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-H236HL-bid-23-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00AZMLIDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368016748&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+h6

If you want matte panel then the ASUS one you chose, is pretty good.

This Acer one looks kinda nice also~ thanks.

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I was looking at those monitors, and my thoughts were that if you want to use the monitor for gaming exclusively, then the 27 inch version would only be okay if you sat further from the screen because up close you will probably see the blockiness a bit more. However, the 23 inch is perfectly fine and I personally would prefer the more pixel dense version due to the fact that you might also be using it for your actual student work ;) if you were going to go for a larger screen then a larger resolution is kind of a must for a pc monitor not a lot of people would actually go for a 27 inch 1080p monitor from what I've seen.

Also they have built in speaker systems which I've heard are actually not bad for what they are but I wouldn't use it.

Thanks.

But i got one funny question, how far would you recommend to sit from a 23inch 1920 x 1080 monitor? Just curious. :D

My 2013 First Build

Thanks.

But i got one funny question, how far would you recommend to sit from a 23inch 1920 x 1080 monitor? Just curious. :D

Well the point was that if you had a 27 then you'd find yourself sitting further away (to the point where you probably can't reach the keyboard any more) than your 'norm' so really its your own preference I mean obviously for comfort you aren't going to be squishing your face onto the screen or anything  :rolleyes: