EVGA NVIDIA GTX 750Ti SC 5400MHz 2GB upgrade...

Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Cool thanks... i was a bit sceptical as it says 400w psu is recomended but the uses 60 watts and all of my parts only use 230 excluding the curent card.. so of the 300watts only 290 will be used... is that safe?

If it's the PSU that came with the computer then it will be fine. The 400w recommended is based on overlabelled PSU's. I have an Asus 750 non-Ti in a Lenovo with stock 280W PSU. No problems and under gaming the air coming out of the PSU is barely warm.

I am wondering if anyone can help me...

I'm thinking of getting the above graphics card to throw in my old tower so it can still play decent games in decent settings...

I need to know if anyone can see any problems I'd have simply swapping my current card for the new one.

It does fit as I brought a gigabyte gtx 750 and that fitted fine.

This is the pc. Thanks for any help . http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03746229-2%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&sp4ts.oid=5330783&ac.admitted=1395785001365.876444892.492883150

Yes it does ! There aren't any problems ever with adding this to any rig.

Cool thanks... i was a bit sceptical as it says 400w psu is recomended but the uses 60 watts and all of my parts only use 230 excluding the curent card.. so of the 300watts only 290 will be used... is that safe?

That's pushing it

If it's the PSU that came with the computer then it will be fine. The 400w recommended is based on overlabelled PSU's. I have an Asus 750 non-Ti in a Lenovo with stock 280W PSU. No problems and under gaming the air coming out of the PSU is barely warm.

"Rawr XD"

You're done. Pcper ran the 750 ti on a system with an oem 250w.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks everyone :) it's helpful to have some back up in thinking that this £130 investment should work hitch free :).