Mice for larger hands

The Tao

I've been thinking about finally replacing my ol MX518 but I'm finding out the stores around me don't put their gaming mice out on display for people to try. I was looking at the G9x but from the pictures I saw it seems pretty short. My fingers curl over the front of the 518 as is. Anybody else with large hands have any suggestions?

Logitech G500. Great Mouse for normal-big sized Hands with the same sensor as the G9X, pretty similar shape like the MX518.

May be of interest to you;

Logitech G500. Great Mouse for normal-big sized Hands with the same sensor as the G9X' date=' pretty similar shape like the MX518.[/quote']

I saw it in the stores but I blew it off as a MX518 with some extra buttons. Guess I was wrong. Its definitely in the running now.

May be of interest to you;

Yeah that would almost be perfect. Unfortunately its a little over my budget and I would be a little worried about longevity with all those moving parts.

Thanks for the quick replies so far. Any opinions on the Roccat mice? The Kavu looks very 518-esque but with LR buttons that extend the length of mouse like the G9x so I don't have to worry about my fingers reaching past the buttons. Plus It was made by Germans and Germans have big hands I think. Thats good reasoning right?

Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately its a little above my price range and I'm a little

Couple of others i've heard that are pretty good for the bigger hands; Logitech M950, Naos 5000 and the Cyborg RAT 7 - they really need a keyboard and mouse test area at computer stores...

I know right? Everybody has the cheap laptop mice on display for everyone to test out but not the high end stuff. I don't get it. Mionix is something I never thought of. Might be worth a shot since I kind of want to try something other than logitech just for the sake of trying something new. Plus its a Swedish company so they must have big hands.

The Logitech G700 might also be an alternative to your legendary MX518 :) I like to be able to go wireless when playing Tribes: Ascend :)

You might want to take a look at the Logitech G400, it's similarly shaped to the MX518, it's basically just a 'refresh'.

Go with a R.A.T cybord mice.. they are customizable.. very customizable.... you may take a look at those ;) they don't look comfortable but they really are.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

g400 dude.

laser mice suck and have LOTS of issues

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

I've tried quite a few in the last few years including the RAT9, G500, Sidewinder X8, deathadder etc. I ended up sticking with a claw grip on the G9X.

I needed a multi button mouse for mmos' was thinking of a razer hex or a naga (didnt want the naga due to only having only the thumb being used for clicking and other digits doing nothing) but I saw the steelseries Cataclysm mouse on sale.

it took a while to get used to how large the mouse was compared to my old G9 mouse.

g400 dude.

I remember hearing that a while back. Seems like most gaming mice are laser now so maybe the technology has gotten better? I'm out of the loop since Ive had the 518 forever.

Go with a R.A.T cybord mice.. they are customizable.. very customizable.... you may take a look at those ;) they don't look comfortable but they really are.
Yeah that and the Ouroburos looked interesting, I just dont think I can get over the look. I have pretty simple, boring tastes.

You might want to take a look at the Logitech G400, it's similarly shaped to the MX518, it's basically just a 'refresh'.
Might end up doing it. The only thing holding me back is that I kind of want to try something new. This is the only gaming mouse I ever owned so it would be nice to see what else I might like. But if I get the g400 at least I don't have to look at the stupid holographic thing going on with the 518

g400 dude.

for people who have no knowledge is crappy laser builds

anyway g400 is the 518 remake

it is better feeling imo

and you wouldn't want to go to laser mice dpi ANYWAY

1800 dpi is what you should be at if ANYthing

anyone who uses higher is a moron it gets a pretty much perfect 1000hz polling

better then the death adder and m90 while still being optical and perfect for palm grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVrQ3L09h9I

I found this

I agree with him

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

The Logitech G700 might also be an alternative to your legendary MX518 :) I like to be able to go wireless when playing Tribes: Ascend :)
Looks like one of the cheap targus mice we have at work that I actually really like the grip of.

I've tried quite a few in the last few years including the RAT9, G500, Sidewinder X8, deathadder etc. I ended up sticking with a claw grip on the G9X.
Hmm....maybe size doesn't matter as much as I think it does since I think I naturally claw grip anyways. My fingers go well past the buttons in a full palm grip. Man this is getting complex...

if you can find it anywhere then get this:

http://www.aceofsweden.com/edge3200.html

It is soo comfortable, really nice with a rest for the ring finger and pinky finger. and it has ceramic feet wich makes it glide around so nice! :)

its pretty cheap compared to other mice too..

(Comming soon)

The G500 is a great mouse, I use mine every day and I love it.

It is soo comfortable, really nice with a rest for the ring finger and pinky finger. and it has ceramic feet wich makes it glide around so nice! :)

Dang that looks perfect. Only problem is availability.

yahr I dont know excactly, last I bought it, it was from amazon.. but there are other companies that make mice that are almost identical.

(Comming soon)