URGENT Help+Advice Needed

Budget (including currency): ~ Rs. 90,000 to 1,25,00 ($1200 to $1700)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Basic day-to-day tasks, with occassional gaming and video rendering

Hey,

Hope this finds you well.

I need to build a PC on urgent basis since my previous one died :(

I had planned on getting the RTX 3070, but it's not available yet for Indian market.

So, I need help if I should be opting for an Intel or AMD based PC, given that I'll upgrade to RTX 3070 (if it's priced well here :(). Hence, I don't wish to spend extra money on GPU (if I opt for non-integrated graphics based CPU).

Thus, could y'all help me in selecting an integrated graphics CPU (be it Intel or AMD), that wouldn't bottleneck the RTX 3070, and be great for 6-8 yrs.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Alpha Sniper said:

since my previous one died

Welcome to the forums!

Well first of all, if your previous PC died, it's likely only one component and you should be able to replace it. Was it a desktop or laptop?

If you won't be gaming or rendering tons of video, you might not need to spend that much money. We can still help you pick a great computer.

What resolution / refresh rate is your monitor? Would you be interested in including a new monitor in the budget?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

hopefully you can cut down on some parts with your current PC's parts, this is a well balanced system example with plenty of storage for games and files, slightly overkill cooling but it will mean the system is silent for overnight exporting videos. 

without knowing how the 3070 will perform alongside the 5000 series Ryzen lines, and the fact it will likely be bottlenecked by a 3400G, you will be better off transplanting your current GPU or budget for a 100$ used GPU like a GTX970 or 1060 into a more powerful system until the 3070 arrives. this will save the Intel premiums and get you a better overall system for a better price.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it