New PC for my mate no watercooling.

Budget (1500€ without GPU): 

Programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have built 2 part lists one AMD and one INTEL:

1.AMD:  https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/FEB_02/saved/4cTNcf

2.Intel:  https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/FEB_02/saved/MK3d99

High Guys, my friend is finally upgrading his pc and we need a little help here.

He decided to use a Lian Li Desk Case as found in the part Lists and now we need a little hand on how we should spec out the system.

He has a GTX 1060 6gb model, that works fine for him and does not want to upgrade yet.

I have built those two part lists, if you can have a look and tell us some improvements we can make, please tell.

Everything, thats not listed is already there and will be saved from his old system.

And as I have to build it for him, we ruled out Watercooling for now.

As always thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany.

F3B

Are you really spending two thousand euro on a glorified PC case and cheaping out on the CPU cooler at the same time? Please PLEASE just buy a nice desk and a separate case. If your friend wants a standing desk you can get one for like 300-500 Euro, there is basically no need to spend 2X the PC parts cost on a desk, it just makes no sense unless you're going balls out

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Intel build is solid, but I would consider going AMD for future compatibility, I would go with a beefier cooling solution, a decent AIO cooler might work best. It doesn't make much sense though to get such an expensive desk case and not upgrade the GPU, even at 1080p the 1060 is going to be a serious bottleneck point.

12 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Are you really spending two thousand euro on a glorified PC case and cheaping out on the CPU cooler at the same time? Please PLEASE just buy a nice desk and a separate case. If your friend wants a standing desk you can get one for like 300-500 Euro, there is basically no need to spend 2X the PC parts cost on a desk, it just makes no sense unless you're going balls out

He wants this desk, because he is very restrained in his room and a desk case is the only thing that would make sense at this point. Your point is Valid though, he also wants to put in his old PC into the desk aswell, thats why he wants one. To the CPU cooler, I do watch ltt, but i have no clue about them in a real world scenario. Thanks for your feedback. 

5 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Intel build is solid, but I would consider going AMD for future compatibility, I would go with a beefier cooling solution, a decent AIO cooler might work best. It doesn't make much sense though to get such an expensive desk case and not upgrade the GPU, even at 1080p the 1060 is going to be a serious bottleneck point.

Thanks for the feedback, me personally wanted to have to options, I personally switched to amd. The thing with the  1060, I told him it would make sense to upgrade especially considering the new GPU generation, but I think it is better to wait until supplies have stabilised. I put this things together in round a bout 20 minutes. I know there is a lot of improvement capability. Is there something that makes sense with a max budget of 1.5k excluding gpu. Is there a logical CPU or anything else, that could be even beefier?

1 minute ago, f3b said:

Is there a logical CPU or anything else, that could be even beefier?

No the CPU you've chosen are top of the line, honestly I would look into used 2000s series GPUs. I don't understand why people are so fixed on buying everything brand new. The new 3000s series is still having it issues ironed out and unless your set on 4k gaming it makes a lot more sense to pick up a 2000 series GPU instead of the new 3000.

21 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

No the CPU you've chosen are top of the line, honestly I would look into used 2000s series GPUs. I don't understand why people are so fixed on buying everything brand new. The new 3000s series is still having it issues ironed out and unless your set on 4k gaming it makes a lot more sense to pick up a 2000 series GPU instead of the new 3000.

Ok,then Our planning will Go this way from Here in in: We will Take the AMD build with a beefie af AIO and a 2080Ti maybe with a Higher maybe 750 or 850w 80plus gold powersupply. And leftofers nicht Go Into a new 27 or 30 Inch Monitor or sth Like that, thanks for your Help.