App Cleaner for Windows?

For macOS, there's a great app called AppCleaner that also removes all the associated files for an app when you move the main software file to the trash.

I'm new to Windows, and I guess that Windows doesn't automatically delete all traces of an app when you click "Uninstall" from the Windows Start Menu.

How do I easily and completely remove a program from Windows?

1 hour ago, creat0r said:

For macOS, there's a great app called AppCleaner that also removes all the associated files for an app when you move the main software file to the trash.

I'm new to Windows, and I guess that Windows doesn't automatically delete all traces of an app when you click "Uninstall" from the Windows Start Menu.

How do I easily and completely remove a program from Windows?

In terms of built-in system, only apps acquired from the Store app, will make the OS ensure that all traces are removed when you uninstall it. Same for sideload Store app (they are packaged as .appx file, which you just double click on as if it was an .msi file or .exe file)

For programs acquired outside the store, you are at the merci of the developers for making their uninstaller do a good job. Usually, they don't care. They only care when you install their program. This alao applies to large software from large companies as well (even more so, I would say). 

But in general, software maker do remove Start menu shortcut, desktop shortcut (if any), all the file from the program itself (and any associated services and driver, if any), and some of the main registry entries in the Registry. This is typically enough. Left overs tend to be in AppData, Program data folders which are typically very small files, like configurations files. The registry is a database, so there is no impact in having left over stuff in it.