Folding@Home Android Client Control App

Attention Android users!

I've been folding myself for about 3 years. I've always thought how nice it would be to be able to view all my clients' from my phone and be able to start/stop them from the comfort of my own couch.

So I made an Android app to do just that. Currently, the app lets you add clients (either manually, or let the app try find them for you) and start/stop them, and see if they are currently paused, running or ready for a work unit. An update will be coming out soon (say, a week?), which will extend that functionality to allow viewing work unit progress, viewing work unit ETA, setting folding power, and anything else you want.

If this sounds like something you'd be keen on, give the app an install!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watsontv.fahmonitor&hl=en

I also have another app to view your user/team stats, I would love it if you could check that out also!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watsontv.fahstats&hl=en

Please, leave any feedback in the comments below. I look forward to it!

Happy folding!

Nice idea! i've been waiting for someone to make a F@H android control app.

untill now i've been monitoring my systems with either RDP connections or pulseway from my phone, but a dedicated app should be a better experience!

i've installed it on my Mi9T, and i'm setting up the connections now.

EDIT:

first little bit of feedback:

after searching for clients automatically (which worked like a charm btw, nice!) there is a pretty short character limit on the names.

i cannot name my F@H server by it's actual name, VouwFabriek, instad i have to shorten it to VouwFbr.

2 hours ago, RollinLower said:

Nice idea! i've been waiting for someone to make a F@H android control app.

untill now i've been monitoring my systems with either RDP connections or pulseway from my phone, but a dedicated app should be a better experience!

i've installed it on my Mi9T, and i'm setting up the connections now.

EDIT:

first little bit of feedback:

after searching for clients automatically (which worked like a charm btw, nice!) there is a pretty short character limit on the names.

i cannot name my F@H server by it's actual name, VouwFabriek, instad i have to shorten it to VouwFbr.

Thanks for the feedback, @RollinLower

Yeah, I get that the name limit is too short. I'll address that in the next version.

I've just put an update up on the play store, the app now shows you work unit percentage, allows finishing the work unit, automatic refresh and some little bug fixes (like longer names!). Link is in the original post! I'll have another update available in a few days, showing ETA, PPD, and other cool features. I'll reply here when its live.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! New update has just been posted. Single slot control and a lot more info on your clients! Check it out.

• 1 month later...

Hi again everyone!

I've just pushed an update to the play store (should be live in a few hours or so) which should address some issues some users were having (e.g. issues when CPU gets deleted, clients being deleted on search) and a cool little animation when adding a new connection.